'NEW' FOILs, mecha concepts for Theos Ke Polemos

Share your work with the online community

Moderator: kosh

VulnePro

'NEW' FOILs, mecha concepts for Theos Ke Polemos

Post by VulnePro » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:07 am

Yow, didn’t plan to take so long to drop back in here I’ve been super busy of late. I see that my friend and co-conspirator/studio collaborator Genocidalpenguin has been rather prolific posting here, as I’m sure you all know his work rocks :) I did, and will still be doing, CG colors for his comic project mecha concepts. His designs are a blast to color.

We’re both going to be doing a lot of concepts and designs for my studio’s TV series pitch called Theos Ke Polemos. I already posted a few designs for Theos here and thought I would drop a few more on you guys :) All there are fully digital, no physical artwork exists. I do most of my current mecha concept work straight on the Wacom in Photoshop and Painter 9.

This machine is made by the fictional corporation Jiendel, Gavil line of FOILs. This one is a heavy Cav FOIL and as such has the dual swords on its back. The headcase is fixed and heavily armored but the FOILs actual field of vision is not hampered by this as sensors are hidden all over giving it 360 vision, all FOILs have this. This example is rather battered and weathered with rust stains and chipping on its classel (a form of metalized armored paint) armor overcoat on top of the ceramic body which accounts for the rusting and the brown chips which show the super hardened ceramic underneath. On the left shoulder is the marking EOS, meaning Eye of SOL which is the forces under the flag of the planet Indus, the SOL sun symbol also on the left leg armor. On the right leg armor we have 7 swords indicating this FOIL has defeated 7 other FOILs in one to one bladed combat or duels of honor.

This machine is going to be one of the main "star" FOILs for the show, the second machine the main character will pilot. The name of the FOIL (not the model but the actual sendai entity (bio-mechanical life forms in the stories setting) control being that works with the human pilot) is Anemos, Greek for winds. Its use is actually not understood by the people of this future setting as Greece doesn't exist anymore, it's yet another example of hidden meanings and fragments of a lost history peppered in the show's narrative. I had in mind that this machine would have some kind of bo staff as a weapon, along with the CAV sword so we see it here with a super hardened bamboo staff. The cell-shaded cammo is more or less a placeholder, once I do a refined CG it'll prob be a crazier more organic pattern. I should also comment on the subtle asymmetry going on in parts, mainly the legs, this is again the notion that ideas such as Futurism and even some cubism have creeped into FOIL design.

Quadruped walker tanks; one made by Vulne Consortium, the other Germane. The top machine, the Blid Wolfspinne was clearly inspired by WWII German armor, more the fixed barrel Jagdpanzer style. Overall it’s a purely original take on the look but the wedge angle body is clearly based on the old German tanks. The bottom machine, the Vulne Hautfield is a more modern looking design and really has no basis or influence; it was just riffed from my head. The two floating machines are satellite targeting, ranging, and battlefield assessment sendai drones that can often accompany these type of tanks.

I'll hopefully post again a little soon than later. Cheers!
Last edited by VulnePro on Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vega Vaikyuko

Post by Vega Vaikyuko » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:22 am

I love everything you've done here, and I have to ask -- TV series? As in, this is going to be released on TV, if all goes well?

VulnePro

Post by VulnePro » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:29 am

That's the plan, though it's in the development stages, prepping for pitching to investors. The more buzz, whether places like this, our main site, our deviant gallery, or anywhere else I set up to promote and share a lot of this the better for financial backing. I plan a lot of approaches as I know this isn't a task to take lightly whatsoever. There will be more and more info about this thing in the future, on our site and the Deviant gallery. If you guys like what you see offer support, let us know it’s always good for potential investors to see that kind of interest. It’s a rather unique concept for a show and something fans of mecha and fans of good storytelling and sci-fi should dig.

More info can be found at our mains site and deviant site:

http://www.vulnepro.com/

http://vulnepro.deviantart.com/

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:07 pm

very cool mechas man.
I like that four wheeler alot.
my demo reel site
www.ericguoart.com
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

Vega Vaikyuko

Post by Vega Vaikyuko » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:36 am

Again awesome stuff -- I'd certainly watch the show (heck, if DVDs came out, I'd buy them). I took a look on your website and have basically fallen in love with what Theos Ke Polemos is.

Where do you need the word spread? I can take the links in my signatures on several large forums. :)

VulnePro

Post by VulnePro » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:05 am

Been busy as hell this summer so I haven't posted anything here in ages O_o;;; Here are two new combat FOILs for the Theos project. More info about them at the Vulne Pro DA gallery.

http://vulnepro.deviantart.com/

Cheers!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:45 am

Very nice designs. I'm glad this project is still going.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:37 am

whaaa..
really nice stuffs man, keep it up.
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

StarBomber109

Post by StarBomber109 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:46 am

Sweet stuff! +watched your DA page. I'll be sure to look for stuff from you guys. Keep up the good work!

(btw, I like your story. The machine has a mind too, that's a good idea...)