SD Gundams

Photos and talk about mecha modelling

Moderator: kosh

Falk

SD Gundams

Post by Falk » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:49 pm

Plop^^

I'm wondering about buying the SD Red Astray Gundam (4€ is not a ruin^^), though I wonder what size it is.

I've searched the net for some reviews, there are not much and even less that state the size of the kit (though that's the first interrogation that comes to my mind personnally).
Anyway, on a site it says "about 5cm high", on another one it says "about 10 inches", when talking about a 3D object, even 1 cm is a huge difference.

So does anybody knows the average SD Gundam size ? Or even better the Astray's size ? (or even even better, size at shoulders, head, and overall top^^)

Giant Satan Robo

Post by Giant Satan Robo » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:45 am

Average SDs range from 2 to 3.5 inches in height, or up to about 9cm, larger for the giant mobile armors. The Astray is one of the newer SDs, so it will probably be towards the higher end of the spectrum.

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:41 am

i have a SD astray, is alot tallker then the older SD gundams or the G-generation types, infact all Seed SD gundams are larger, i have a few.
their sizes are about, 3.5 inches with the horn. or 4 inches for some.
i have to make a different shelf for my Seed Sd's cuz their taller then the old ones.