Gundam - Tallgeese III

Photos and talk about mecha modelling

Moderator: kosh

SteamTrooper

Gundam - Tallgeese III

Post by SteamTrooper » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:03 pm

I have just finished my first real build of a model in about 15-20 years - I chose one of my favourite designs (within the budget) and tried to use it to re-learn my hand painting skills as well as trying out airbrush work and light weathering - I am fairly happy with results for now - and may well return to the piece in the future when I have learned some more advanced techniques.

There are more pictures in my gallery if anyone is interested enuf to look.

http://scifimodels.org.uk/gallery/album ... imHigh.JPG

http://scifimodels.org.uk/

Next build over the christmas period is going to be another Gundam Wing - fully finished and weathered plus some modding work to make it into `BATMAN` Gundam - with extra wing binders to create a cape effect - not sure if I should lose the Buster Rifle or convert it into a Grappling rifle or some such.

After and during that I shall be working on my MSA 0011 - she is a beauty and will be my Christmas and New Years project - I realy want to go to town on this baby and will hopefully also be doing a diorama for it.

Adam

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:01 pm

It looks nice, but isn't there bigger pictures ?

Poor wing gundams, in fact the official artwork where we can see them simply standing doesn't give them presence at all. It looks way better with a bit of dynamism.

Is it it's official gun ? I quickly searched the net for reference, and I haven't seen it. Isn't it a gun that open's out ?

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:08 pm

Cheers Falk

Yeah I have been waiting around for my friendas professional Digicam but he hasnt shown for two weeks - in the end I had to use a medium size maximum resolution setting on my Phone - DOH!! not perfect but I will be updatnig the pictures as soon as the good camera shows.

Yeah its the Tallgeese III`s official gun- and boy is it a whopper - seen bigger but not bad for a standard side arm I would say - and yes it splits open and sizzles with energy up and down the prongs.

Poor Poor Wings - yeah - they dont exactly sell it with its stance and its such a biatch (sic on purpose) to pose as its legs/knees are built to adapt to bird mode which means they are loose as a drunk high school girls knickers - its a shame but on the next BATMAN one I build I shall endeavor to put some sort of armiture into the legs to allow better posing.