BGC 1/24 Highway Star.

Photos and talk about mecha modelling

Moderator: kosh

TSP

BGC 1/24 Highway Star.

Post by TSP » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:46 pm

While building the imperial Star Destroyer from AMT/Ertl,which I got bored of quite soon. I got inspired by a fellow modeler from another forum to customize a super-bike. I never built a motorbike kit before and I always wanted a Bubblegum Crisis model like a Motoslave or DD units. So it was about time for me to bash a bike kit.
As far I know the only BGC kits available were the some PVC kits of the Hard Suits and Boomers as well as some Hardsuits and Atelier Sai toy copies made of resin. After Google the internet for useful pictures of the Motoslaves I reconsider my choice for a nasty tech-toy known as the Highway Star.
I started modeling as soon as my conversion kit, Kenny Roberts' 1/24 Suzuki RGV 500 from Heller, arrived.
With only 5 small pictures and 2 bigger ones of the Highway Star. There's not much of reference I can depend on.
Is there anyone who could provide me with some photos or scans from the BGC art-books, please ?
Thanks in advance!
Some progress pictures.
Image Image
Kenny Roberts after the plastic surgery.
Image Image Image
Last edited by TSP on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:24 pm

I have some BGC books. But I'm worried that I'll ruin the spines if I try to flatten out the books on a scanner. I'll have to take a look and see what I can do. It's possible that I could photograph a page with my digital camera if there's a good reference pic.

Do you not own the BGC DVDs? Those would be good reference too... or at least the episode featuring the bike you want.

TSP

Post by TSP » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:58 pm

KOG wrote:I have some BGC books. But I'm worried that I'll ruin the spines if I try to flatten out the books on a scanner. I'll have to take a look and see what I can do. It's possible that I could photograph a page with my digital camera if there's a good reference pic.
A photography would be fine. No need to ruin your book just for some small model.
Do you not own the BGC DVDs? Those would be good reference too... or at least the episode featuring the bike you want.
I have them on... :? good old VHS tapes. :oops: And I don't own a VHS player anymore. [/quote]

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:45 am

http://www.gearsonline.net/upload/roadstar1.jpg
http://www.gearsonline.net/upload/roadstar2.jpg
http://www.gearsonline.net/upload/roadstar3.jpg

The Roadstar! Cool! I scanned the 3 pages above quickly and didn't do any cleanup. Hope they help. Image #3 is a heavy motoslave. I don't think it appeared in BGC but it should have! I consider it the ideal form of the Roadstar.

I usually do more careful work but I've got a Yamato movie in my DVD player and I haven't even started it yet (I want to return it tomorrow).

Show your work when you're done! Sigh... How long 'til I can work on a BGC section for Gears Online...
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

TSP

Post by TSP » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:04 pm

Tanks a lot. This is more than I long for. :D Compared with the line art the kit bash already has to much mistakes. I guess I'll try to mix the original design with the bike from Noah3D. And built another one sometime.
Show your work when you're done!
Sure. Like I wrote before, there are too less BGC models. I will post some w.i.p. pics too.

TSP

Post by TSP » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:56 pm

Image #3 is a heavy motoslave. I don't think it appeared in BGC but it should have! I consider it the ideal form of the Roadstar.
The Roadstar from image 3 looks like the Garland from Megazone 23 :P

Priss, almost finished!