Macross figures YF-11, YF-19, YF-21 Fast Pack or Standard?

Photos and talk about mecha modelling

Moderator: kosh

retroborg

Macross figures YF-11, YF-19, YF-21 Fast Pack or Standard?

Post by retroborg » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:30 am

Hello,

I have a few queries concerning the MACROSS PLUS Yamato transformable Valkyrie figures.

Except for the obvious colour differences and packaging, what other differences are there between:

1. VF-11B & VF-11B Fast Pack

2. YF-19 & VF-19A

3. YF-21 & YF-21 Fast Pack

Are they all the same quality and size of 1:60 scale or are they 1:55 scale like the Bandai Valkyries?

I want to buy the VF-11, YF-19, & YF-21 but I’m not sure if I should go for the “Fast Pack” editions, the standard ones or the “A” VF-19A instead of the YF-19?

Any info will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Engage

Post by Engage » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:01 pm

1. There really is no difference between the two, the Fast Pack version just comes with optional Fast Pack parts to add to the Thunderbolt. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. The only difference between the two is a color variation. The A version is a light blue color while the standard is white.

3. It's the same deal as #1, just optional parts.

All of these are 1:72 scale and are of very high quality, but, that being said, there is always the occasional bad apple.

It all depends on how much money you are willing to spend. The Fast Pack editions are neat with the optional Fast Pack parts, but they cost more than the standard version and the Packs are really just for display as you can't do much with them. The difference between the YF-19 and the YF-19A is just the color scheme so it depends on which one you think looks better.

I must warn you that the transformation system used in these toys is complicated and can break if mishandled.

retroborg

Post by retroborg » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:27 pm

Well, apparently there are more differences than just the colours and fast packs.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toy ... yamato.htm

It seems that the earlier YF-11, YF-19 & YF-21 had severe problems with the knees & hip joints and were subject to easy breakage after just a few transformations!

These problems were fixed in the later revised “Fast Packs” & VF-19A versions.

Engage

Post by Engage » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:49 pm

Wow, I did not know that. Thanks for the link!