Deep Striker Model Kits

Photos and talk about mecha modelling

Moderator: kosh

fulcy

Post by fulcy » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:02 pm

Falk wrote:Plop^^

As I said somewhere in the fanart section, I fell in love with the Deep Striker after looking at it several hours for the contest :P

So I received it a few days ago, and I thought I'd type a few words about it (this thread is about DS kit, not action figure, hope you don't mind^^, or divide this post into a "FIX" topic if you prefer^^)

Well what can I say ?
Though those that are used to 1/100 kit (or big kits like LED Inferno, not to mention Jagd) may not find the DS "that" big, well it's huge, even for an 1/144 action figure.
The beast is 40cm long (from one tip of the canon to the other), the mecha in itself is about 15cm high (and 20 with the base).

It's also really nice, very well detailed.
The material (sort of hard rubber) has a nice texture.
Some parts are in regular hard plastic (like the main canon or the full tank), so that it won't bend with time.
If anyone wonders how it looks for real, I would say to keep the impression you have looking at "good" pictures of it, not bad pictures, I mean the detail is really nice and thin like on some good photos, the white is good, not some "yellowish" white like on some relatively bad pictures.

Now the drawbacks of this action figure :
Well first is that it's more a figure than an action figure :wink:
It's not that much a problem as you may not really play with, but you'll never see an Ex-S doing a high kick.
When built in DS mode, nothing really moves, except the canon supply-tube (in sof rubber) and what leads me to the second drawback :
the beast weights "a certain weight" and the vertical part of the base is not large enough, so the whole mecha pitches from left to right everytime the desk moves a bit.

Another drawback is that you have enough parts to build 4 different version (S, Ex-S, Bst and Deep Stricker), but you can built only one at a time, and now I wish I could afford another one to built it in bst mode :wink:

The last drawback is that now I want many of the other FIX :P :wink:
If I may make a suggestion (woo, my first post! ), why don't you do what I did - buy a couple of the Ex-S Fix figures, and use the extra parts with them? I actually went and changed out the red S-Gundam from the Deep Striker with one of the blue S-Gundams, since the red looks better than the blue (IMHO) - why hide it under all that armor!

fulcy

Post by fulcy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:59 pm

Noticed on the first page that the MG DeepStriker model pic links don't work - so if you've not seen these before, I threw them up on my site for your viewing pleasure!

Last edited by fulcy on Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:24 am

Since u like Deep Striker so much.... :twisted:

And a little bonus... 8)

Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:59 pm

Love that SD-DS

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:31 pm

BTW, does anyone knows if this SD DS is a recent kit ? (I mean, may me see a recast of it anytime soon ?)

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:35 pm

If anyone's interested, an 1/100 G-Sys Deep Striker on ebay :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=16513 :wink:

Darc_Serpent

Post by Darc_Serpent » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:46 am

i have an anime store near my house,couple miles away and im going to ask them about the deep striker's date realease since i really like it as well