Deep Striker Model Kits

Photos and talk about mecha modelling

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Deep Striker Model Kits

Post by Tachyon » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:07 am

Red Rhino has made me aware that Gundam Sentinel's Deep Striker has never been made as a model kit. Does anyone know why that might be?

Does anyone know the fate of Sentinel model kits in the future?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:16 am

It hasnt been made into a kit simply because of its huge size and the complexity of it, there are some resin kits I know of though, and dont forget the Gundam FIX figure.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:33 am

It has been made into a kit, at JapCon ? year. Full resin, and it's huge.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:34 am

why can't I edit my prev. post?[/img]

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:41 am

Great photo.

You're having trouble editing your post? Let me know if it happens again.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:13 pm

Well, look at the post at the corner, there is no EDIT button, so how would you edit a mesg.?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:21 pm

When I look through this topic I see each post as having an edit button in the upper right corner. The large graphic pushes it off the right edge of the screen, though. I use the bottom scroll bar to move everything to the left and reveal the edit button.

Does that answer your question?

Xavadis

Post by Xavadis » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:56 pm

There was a resin Deep Striker kit, in 1/300 scale, released at Jaf-con 1992. Gorgeous kit. There was another released in 1/220 that I have a kit of. Very nice; I am glad I have the kit rather than the Gundam Fix toy. I don't think there is a good scale for Bandai to release a DS model in; the Gundam Fix toy is probably the only release it will ever see. Releasing it as a HGUC kit would be too expensive and I think it would be too much for a 14 year old modeler to build or afford. Releasing it in Gundam Fix meant most people would not lose their mind putting together all those small pieces. Releasing it in the 1/550 Mechanics line would mean a pretty small kit. I hope we do see more HGUC kits from Sentinel though, even though it has been a while since the HGUC Ex-S, the last HGUC in the Sentinel line, came out. If I had to pick, I would have to say the MK-V. I think it would be a good seller because, after all, it IS a Gundam. I know some people are not crazy about the design, but I think it was a great deviation from the traditional Gundam look.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Thu May 13, 2004 6:59 am

Tachyon wrote:When I look through this topic I see each post as having an edit button in the upper right corner. The large graphic pushes it off the right edge of the screen, though. I use the bottom scroll bar to move everything to the left and reveal the edit button.

Does that answer your question?
Okay, maybe it is the browser I am using, but I don't have this problem in any other web site. I am using NEtscape 7.1. And regardless whether I use "window mode" (partial screen) or full screen, the max. I can scroll across is to the point that I see the Quote button. There is no button next to neither side of the Quote button. So there is no way for me to edit.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Thu May 13, 2004 7:02 am

Xavadis wrote:There was a resin Deep Striker kit, in 1/300 scale, released at Jaf-con 1992. Gorgeous kit. There was another released in 1/220 that I have a kit of. Very nice; I am glad I have the kit rather than the Gundam Fix toy. I don't think there is a good scale for Bandai to release a DS model in; the Gundam Fix toy is probably the only release it will ever see. Releasing it as a HGUC kit would be too expensive and I think it would be too much for a 14 year old modeler to build or afford. Releasing it in Gundam Fix meant most people would not lose their mind putting together all those small pieces.
how many different scale were release in Japcon? 'cause I thought they only release one in the past many years of JapCon, and that one is the 1/100 scale, not 1/300.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu May 13, 2004 5:05 pm

Hello, Happy Hopping. I read your posts at the Wax Trax message board over at Heika.net. I'm glad you've joined us here on this message board. For those of you reading this, if you haven't stopped by Heika.net you're really missing out. The site has great information on Five Star Stories and L-Gaim and the message board there, Wax Trax, has really nice people who know Nagano Mamoru's works well.

To address your question - when I visit the message board and do not log in, I see no edit buttons. When I come as an administrator, I see an edit button for every single post. I created the testerboy account to view the message board as an average user. When I enter as testerboy I see an edit button for only testerboy's posts. I entered as testerboy using both Internet Explorer (version 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633) and Netscape Navigator (Netscape 6.2.1 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/20011128 Netscape6/6.2.1 (emach0202)) on a PC running Windows XP Pro and an AMD processor. As testerboy, both browsers show me a quote button and edit button for my posts.

I'm not certain how to address the problem of you not seeing an edit button. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:11 pm

NOYCE!!!

SteamTrooper

Deep Striker

Post by SteamTrooper » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:12 pm

Like he ^ said - but go have a look at this if you havent before....

http://www.wired-wolf.com/gallery/thumb ... p?album=19

A Nice take on the good old DS - but using a Zoid.

Tee Hee

Adam

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:01 pm

Plop^^

As I said somewhere in the fanart section, I fell in love with the Deep Striker after looking at it several hours for the contest :P

So I received it a few days ago, and I thought I'd type a few words about it (this thread is about DS kit, not action figure, hope you don't mind^^, or divide this post into a "FIX" topic if you prefer^^)

Well what can I say ?
Though those that are used to 1/100 kit (or big kits like LED Inferno, not to mention Jagd) may not find the DS "that" big, well it's huge, even for an 1/144 action figure.
The beast is 40cm long (from one tip of the canon to the other), the mecha in itself is about 15cm high (and 20 with the base).

It's also really nice, very well detailed.
The material (sort of hard rubber) has a nice texture.
Some parts are in regular hard plastic (like the main canon or the full tank), so that it won't bend with time.
If anyone wonders how it looks for real, I would say to keep the impression you have looking at "good" pictures of it, not bad pictures, I mean the detail is really nice and thin like on some good photos, the white is good, not some "yellowish" white like on some relatively bad pictures.

Now the drawbacks of this action figure :
Well first is that it's more a figure than an action figure :wink:
It's not that much a problem as you may not really play with, but you'll never see an Ex-S doing a high kick.
When built in DS mode, nothing really moves, except the canon supply-tube (in sof rubber) and what leads me to the second drawback :
the beast weights "a certain weight" and the vertical part of the base is not large enough, so the whole mecha pitches from left to right everytime the desk moves a bit.

Another drawback is that you have enough parts to build 4 different version (S, Ex-S, Bst and Deep Stricker), but you can built only one at a time, and now I wish I could afford another one to built it in bst mode :wink:

The last drawback is that now I want many of the other FIX :P :wink: