Photos and talk about mecha modelling

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mecha Fan Needs Help

Post by Tachyon » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:44 am

[quote]Dear Sir,

I love to collect older Bandai model kits, not only because they are cheap in price (whenever they were re-released), their quality are usually good if not excellent.

Some very old 1st generation Gundam model kits have just become available on HLJ.com. I wonder if I should order them all before they become discontinued again, or don
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:59 am

There is such a small scale of 1/550 Rx-78-2? I find that hard to believe. Any gundam w/ scale less than 1/100 is unacceptable to me. Knowing this person is obviously new to gundam, go w/ any HG (High Grade) gundam 1/100 in the old generation that he is looking for.

The details is too poor for scale less than 1/100. Besides, IP is so cheap. If G Armor doesn't c/w 1/100, then he has no choice but to aim at 1/144.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:08 pm

the super small scale gundams are juz provided for comparisions sake to the main mecha. dont expect too much tho...

The old kits are ok in quality, but IMO they're out of proportions most of the time. These 1st generation kits usually come in 1 color only.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:50 pm

Most of the first Gen Gundam kits are sloppy. Their engineering was somewhat bleh from the time, and the proportions try to reflect that of the TV show, but I find that even then, it's often too stocky.

The smaller kits IMO aren't worth getting. I'd say that none of the older run kits are. I hear that the Magella tank, most of the large capital ships are really nice... so maybe. The MA availible may be worth the while, seeing as how they probably will never see re-release in another line.

I don't believe that affordability should be the issue here, as most of the kits are cheap to begin with in any Bandai line (in compare to FSS ^_^) it's not really worth the time and effort to correct such kits. Mind you, I own about four of these kits myself (all mecha) and of designs that aren't yet redone (such as the Gyan). I fully intend to complete them, but I certainly do not recommend them to a casual modeller.

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:37 am

my site has a built 1/144 G-armor, show him that.