BGC 2040: Hardsuits and Rouges

The hardsuits of Bubblegum Crisis, landmates of Appleseed, etc.

Moderator: kosh

Himitsu The Hunter

BGC 2040: Hardsuits and Rouges

Post by Himitsu The Hunter » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:49 pm

Are the Various Voodo metal creations of BGC going to own their own spot on you site???

I love the consept of the Voodo metal and the ways the mechs decided to evolve themselves once free of their constraining programing.

Boi-mech rule, even if not made biologically lol
- Himitsu the Hunter

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:30 am

I have artbooks for Crisis, Crash and 2040 ready for scanning. Which ones are the voodoo metals?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Himitsu The Hunter

Voodo Metal.

Post by Himitsu The Hunter » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:33 am

I think that it a priciple thing throu out but I've only seen all of 2040 and that is the one i mean.

Bio is Betta!!!! ^_^
-Himitsu the Hunter

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:39 pm

Forget 2040! I'm all about the original BGC.

2040 dissapointed me because there were no Motoslaves and the villians just didn't have any punch...not like Brian J. Mason or Largo did...Ah those were the good'ole'days...
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:35 am

I watched the first few episodes of 2040 subtitled and it just didn't do anything for me. I kept thinking, "Why redo the old story? Why not write a new show?"

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:05 pm

2040 had style,but it just didn't have what Bubblegum Crisis had,like well...alot of things.Motoslaves included.Speaking of which,I'd love to see some artwork of the DD Battlemover,that thing was oh so dreadfuly elegant....hehehheheh...oh look,I'm ranting again... :roll:

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:48 pm

I'm going to finish the Z plus pages for the Gundam Sentinel section here and then I'll turn my attention to Bubblegum Crisis/Crash/2040. I think there are plenty of fans on the 'Net who would like to see some mechanical designs.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:47 am

What are the best MotoSlave kits / design books.

I've tried searching Google but there is not really much info out there (is there another name for the MotoSlave ?)

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:18 am

Mechanical Specimen, you wanted DD? Well, here you go:

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/2810/dddraw2.jpg

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:14 am

I love the DD.

I think Masami Oobari is underrated as a mecha designer.
Shinei!

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:11 am

Yeah, Oobari's designs are awesome. I think he gets maligned because people don't like his videogame anime films like Fatal Fury and Gowcaizer. Personally I like everything I have ever seen that he was involved with, I want to get Dangaioh on DVD but the version available is missing an episode(Or so I'm told), so I'm waiting for a better version to come out.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:40 am

I've liked everything I've seen from Oobari (either directorial wise, or design wise) except Virus Buster. Fatal Fury is especially noteworthy. I can't see how any anime fans (esp fans of Fight Games) would dislike the FF movies.

As far as the Dangaio DVD is concerned, stay far, far away from the english version!. Back in the day, Dangaio was originally released in Subtittled format by a company known as U.S. Renditions. They did some of the first profesionally done translations of anime for the straight-to-video market (along with Streamline Pictures). Dangaio and Gunbuster were their first two videos released. I got them the day they debuted them at the San Diego Comicon...Dangaio is the tittle that got me irrevocably hooked on Anime.
A few years later, after Animeigo, U.S. Manga Corps and (then) newcomer A.D. Vision got into the anime translation game, U.S. Renditions couldn't keep up and a new company called Manga Entertainment got into the business and purchased the rights to all U.S. Renditions properties aquired (they absorbed U.S.R.) and then proceeded to produce a dubbed version of Dangaio. This version excluded the first episode, instead using the 10 minute episode-1 recap that came included on the Japanese version of Dangaio-2 (included in the subbed version) in place of the full 45-minute first episode. They relased episodes 2 and 3 in dubbed format as a single video.
This is the version thats available on DVD. They didn't include the first episode, and they didn't include the Subtittled version. Its Dub only.

Again, WARNING! Stay far, far away.
Shinei!

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:06 am

Fatal Fury gets a bad rep because SNK Fanboys say its not following the exact canon of the game. WHO CARES? It was more fleshed out that the game, and it spawned 2 sequels, so it can't be all bad. The Japanese don't waste time and money on a sequel if it didn't do well enough to warrant it. Honestly, Before people didn't take anime seriously enough, Now they take it to damn seriously, criminy.

I would love to see more of Oobari's work, I hope the release some of his older works in the US soon.

I know about the Dangaioh DVD, I'm so pissed because I really want to see it and now I have to wait until Manga loses the rights, so some company who knows what they are doing can release it properly and with subs. U.S. Renditions was a great company, they had alot of cool stuff on tape, its too bad they went under, I would rank them up there with Animeigo, in that they seemed to care what the fans wanted.

Manga Entertainment is on my shitlist right now, they don't seem to put any effort into making a great DVD release from what I have read. Voyager Entertainment isn't far behind in that regard either: GET NEW YAMATO TRANSFERS! With Subs this time!

Sorry, I had to vent.

Anyways, BGC 2032 was the best, and I love Crash too, it gets far too maligned these days.
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:50 pm

I want a Dangaio DVD bad. I've played my tape of volume 1 so many times that its getting worn out. A DVD would solve that issue. :evil:
The only other tapes that I've played half as much are my BGC tapes and the first Sol Bianca video.

I agree about Crash. It simply wasn't as good as the original BGC, but it wasn't horrible (I thought it was pretty good, just not GREAT like BGC). People talked about it like it was created by the anti-christ to subvert our youth.
The same thing happened recently with the games Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 2. While DMC2 was (far) inferior to its predecessor, in the scheme of things its still a pretty decent action game. When many fans of DMC1 talk about the sequel, they speak as if its the worst game they've ever played and I'm pretty certain its far from that in most cases.
Shinei!

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:02 pm

I know how you feel, I don't watch my tapes much anymore, I really should, I find myself missing some of my fave shows just because I have to reconnect everything (I have a NTSC VCR, and a PAL one, as well as a Dreamcast, Saturn, DVD Player, and a PSX all fighting for control of my TV haha)

The Original Sol Bianca needs the DVD Treatment as well, Come on ADV!

Anyways, I loved alot of mecha designs in Crash, there was some cool stuff there, you are right with Anti-christ comment, same can be said for most classic anime. I read so many reviews that completely write off a good film or series simply because the animation is dated. HELLO!? What do they want them to do, redraw the whole thing every 3 or 4 years so they can appreciate the story instead of complaining about the Age!? There is just no pleasing some people.

On top of that, you have the people who complain about originality far too much, some of them don't even know their facts, like They think it ripped off a series that came out along time AFTER it. Loonies!
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!