Probably off topic but...

The hardsuits of Bubblegum Crisis, landmates of Appleseed, etc.

Moderator: kosh

Shadowbrooke

Probably off topic but...

Post by Shadowbrooke » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:21 am

...I found 6 inch posable replicas of the REAL Mobile Infantry from the REAL Starship Troopers today at the brand new comic/anime store! If you have not read the book you probably should, it won the Hugo Award in 1952 and it is concidered one of the very first times in literature history that they use powered suits! If you saw the movie then I urge you to read the book, it is awesome and nothing like the movie at all...the only thing it saved from the book are SOME of the names of places and characters!

(they actually had plans for making a movie with Bruce Willis that takes off as the book ends but they trashed it for Armagedon :roll: )

Sorry for the off topics but I have been looking for, and not found, an official image even of these powered suits ever since i got the book in -96!!! Today I finally found out what they look like - WHOOOHOOO!

Shadowbrooke

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:36 am

I made some errors on the years and such so please read my reveiw in the Starship Troopers thread...sorry for the inconvinience!

Shadowbrooke

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:04 pm

Glad you have found ST to your tastes - its a shame the `Gorilla` suits never mde it into the film (s) - cracking read :)