need info on tanks & jet Fighters

Mecha in the here and now

Moderator: kosh

Zeon Elite SS

need info on tanks & jet Fighters

Post by Zeon Elite SS » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:45 pm

as of now im trying to get some information on the computer systems or atleast what is not classified in the way the screens and controls are set up in the cockpits of the abrams main battle tank and the last major jet fighter we had which if im not mistaken the F-16 but i could be wrong being i havent study much in the area of jet fighters.

i need to try and get what is considered public information on how those systems work in order to encorporate them with in some of my robot designs im working on within a story project.

so far i have a pretty good idea on what to go with overall but i need to get some detailed layout images of the cockpit systems atleast one it comes to control so i have a clue on what the heck my robots control systems will be based on.

so far i have a few ideas but i want to make sure i do not leave any important things out which would make the designs completely flawed within the cockpit systems of whats been currrent about 5 years ago at any rate. that way i can base my first generation mechanoid series off the current stuff out there and encorporate a newer headgear systems VR interface within the second generation Series Main Battle Mechanoids.

i bet the Macross Plus This is animation book would atleast help me a little bit with some lineart but considering im basicly broke i wont beable to buy that book for several weeks at the earlyest.

so if anyone can bring me into the right dirrection in where to find such information on several older jet fighteres from almost 5 or 6 years ago as well as tanks that would really help me out in being able to combine the 2 cockpit systems together to make 1. i am under the assumption there are diffrences between tank designed cockpit systems and jet fighter ones considering the type of combat being fought overall.

anyhow thanks in advance to all that can help.

Monster

Post by Monster » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:48 am

http://www.f22fighter.com/

The above link is for the U.S. Air Force's most advanced fighter, the F-22 Raptor. It's a new design and probably the most advanced in the world, so I don't know if it'll be of any use. The site gives a lot of useful technical data and there's also a picture of the cockpit instrumentation. Hope it helps. :)