Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Daishikaze

Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross

Post by Daishikaze » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:11 pm

Whats everyone's opinion on this series?

I liked what I saw of it from Robotech, especially the mecha, but I read that it was cancelled after 23 episodes, possibly because people thought it moved to slowly.

I wonder what it would have been like if they actually finished it.
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:22 pm

I have only seen it as the 2nd chapter of Robotech. I liked it but I'd like to watch it again with subtitles that stick closer to the original scripts.

If I remember correctly, the way it wrapped up as part of Robotech seemed like a solid resolution to the storyline. It's interesting to hear that it was canceled during its run in Japan. Do you think they created a rush ending during production in Japan?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:43 pm

I've been told that it is debatable whether or not they did a rush job on the ending, I really don't know, I guess I'll find out when I get the boxset (though I don't know if I'm going to grab it or Mospeada first, tough choice)
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

kosh

Post by kosh » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:05 am

SDC : SC was the most heavily edited and re-scripted portion of the Robotech Trilogy . The original plot had nothing to do with what it became and the reason it did poorly , IIRC , was it had a dead time slot . SDC : SC was the third release in the Super Dimensional series , Macross and Orguss came first and second , and I would rather like to see it in its' original , non-Robotech form .
Do you understand?

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:04 pm

so, I take it that no one here has bought the uncut original version yet?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:44 pm

There is a DVD boxset released in US, the original version (not part of robotech).

I've seen all episodes and i think its quite ok. A short series, but i didnt feel that they rushed to end it. maybe they did a good job even if they had to end it early.

But one thing is they didn't really show what is gonna happen AFTER the end. I read from some message boards with people talking about it but I'm not too sure if i agree with them. I'm not gonna spoil it here, but if someone else saw the ending, i hope we can discuss about it?

P.S Daishikaze > i really liked Mospeada ALOOOT more, but maybe coz i saw it when i was v v young and had a deep impression of it.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:06 pm

Well SC is on my list for sure, But I'll probably grab Mospeada first.