Ideon Stuff

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Gangalubu

Ideon Stuff

Post by Gangalubu » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:09 pm

Hello all,

I am new to the discussion boards. Nice to meet you.

I am a big fan of the Space Runaway Ideon series and was wondering if anyone knows where I might find a copy of the second film "Ideon--Be Invoked" (subbed or no) or the second half of the TV series. My understanding is that the former exists and can be had, but the latter does not.

Thanks!

Quiddity

Post by Quiddity » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:42 pm

I'm another huge Ideon fan (one who hopes to fansub the entire TV series and Be Invoked someday, assuming that it remains unlicensed). The answer to your question is easy if you are willing to buy the region 2's, as the entire series and both movies have been released in that format.

TV Series DVD Box Set #2 (Eps 20-39)

A Contact/Be Invoked Box Set

Both are out of print, but you can easily find them on Yahoo Japan's auction site. Use www.rinkya.com if you don't know Japanese, they'll help you out, although there are service fees.

If you don't want to go that route, things are a lot tougher. The first half of the series frequently shows up on ebay in an illegal format. The people who did that never bothered with the second half of the series. Likewise you can't really download the stuff either since the show is too obscure for people to have put it up on the web. I personally saw them on raw VHS, although my sources are now gone. You can try this site, although I have no idea if it's still active:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Bay/1274 ... titles.htm[/img]

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:20 pm

Hi Gangalubu

Gangalubu

Post by Gangalubu » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:36 pm

Hello Quiddity, Steamtrooper.

Thanks for the good information! I will try to find the Region 2 versions of Be Invoked by way of the link you included.

I have seen the bootleg version of the first half of the series. They call Cosmo "Universe" throughout, apparently by way of "Cosmos"="Universe." Almost as funny as the probaby as dubiously legal VHS copy of "A Contact" I have whichs subs Buff Clan as "Barf Clan" throughout...

Quiddity

Post by Quiddity » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:25 pm

Gangalubu wrote: I have seen the bootleg version of the first half of the series. They call Cosmo "Universe" throughout, apparently by way of "Cosmos"="Universe." Almost as funny as the probaby as dubiously legal VHS copy of "A Contact" I have whichs subs Buff Clan as "Barf Clan" throughout...
The subs on that bootleg are among the funniest I've ever seen.

Cosmo = Universe
Bes = Bus
Deck = Dick
Buff Clan = Barf Clay

:P I've probably got the same VHS fansub you have for 'A Contact', which mistakenly translated Buff Clan as Baff Clan.