Appleseed mecha

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Post Reply
DeadMetal

Appleseed mecha

Post by DeadMetal » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:35 pm

Anyone know a site with mecha info and gd pics of the mecha from the new appleseed movie?

User avatar
Grebo Guru
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:50 pm
Location: Deep in the woods of Connecticut
Contact:

Post by Grebo Guru » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:02 pm

There's a damn nice book out there... Just pick that up and you're set!

User avatar
Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2815
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Post by Tachyon » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:19 pm

Thanks for the tip, Grebo. Do you know the book's title and/or ISBN number?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

DeadMetal

Post by DeadMetal » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:36 am

is there no sites with gd appleseed mecha info ? :(

Giant Satan Robo

Post by Giant Satan Robo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:53 am

Tachyon wrote:Thanks for the tip, Grebo. Do you know the book's title and/or ISBN number?
I don't know about the movie for certain, but unless they messed with Shirow's original work beyond the plot alterations you want the Appleseed Databook by Dark Horse. The ISBN for that is 1-56971-103-8.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:00 am

Giant Satan Robo wrote:
Tachyon wrote:Thanks for the tip, Grebo. Do you know the book's title and/or ISBN number?
I don't know about the movie for certain, but unless they messed with Shirow's original work beyond the plot alterations you want the Appleseed Databook by Dark Horse. The ISBN for that is 1-56971-103-8.
They have changed the mecha quite a bit from the Manga, that much is apparent from the trailers. And there is nothing in the databooks as well rendered as in the movies.

Hopefully there will be another Intron Depot book with the Appleseed movie artwork in it- but that also may not happen since I am not sure how much work Shirow himself actually did for the movie.

User avatar
Grebo Guru
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:50 pm
Location: Deep in the woods of Connecticut
Contact:

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:53 pm

Grebo Guru wrote:There's a damn nice book out there... Just pick that up and you're set!
"Appleseed Complete Book: Prometheus Montage"
ISBN4-8401-1061-1
2000 yen
published by Media Factory

It is a mightily sweet book. In many ways a big, fat, film comic, but it has a good sampling of lineart too.

Post Reply