Panzer World Galient?

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Kuruni

Panzer World Galient?

Post by Kuruni » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:16 pm

Anybody happen to know some information about this serie? I saw some design of mech and think it's interesting. Too bad, long search with google.com don't return much...
Justice will never lose!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:00 pm

A Studio Sunrise TV series with a follow-up movie or OAV. I have some designs but not many. I don't know anything about the story.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:57 pm

Very fun show, Ive seen the whole thing (and its OAV follow-up/remake, "The Iron Emblem"). Basically a medieval world with giant mecha instead of armor for knights. Involves members of a lost super-civilization now living like they're in a medeival world. (Its an Earth colony.)

Sign of Haro

Post by Sign of Haro » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:19 pm

I'm really interested in this series myself, but can't find much about it at all. I LOVE the opening song, I saw it in the 2 hour long Robot Opening Collection vid. Very 80's, and very good.

I found a few images of model kits for Galient, they were quite nice. Who was the mecha designer for this series?

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:07 pm

The mecha designers for the Galient TV series were Yutaka Izubuchi and Kunio Okawara.

I suspect that Izubuchi did the initial designs, and Okawara finished them -- that is, "cleaned them up," or, in my own phrasing, "dumbed them down."

For undiluted Izubuchi Galient designs, watch Galient: The Iron Emblem (aka Galient: Crest of Iron). That has really nice redraws of all the mecha, purely by Izubuchi.

For Galient artwork, a great source is:
"SRC File 1:
Sunrise Robots Complete - Real Robots Version"
ISBN4-8124-0660-9
1900 yen
published by Ta-Ke Shobo

This, and its sister book (SRC File 2 - Super Robots Version) are among the very best mecah books out there. Between the two of them, they have comprehensive, full-color artwork of ALL the mecha from ALL of Sunrise's robot shows. Well, up to the year 2000 anyway.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:57 am

Nice show. And some great mecha designs as well!

The mecha in its OAV is nice too, and I really like the "Snake" mecha. Damn, I need to get the SRW books! these shows are so old I cant remember their names. :|
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Xavadis

Post by Xavadis » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:41 pm

Grebo Guru wrote: For undiluted Izubuchi Galient designs, watch Galient: The Iron Emblem (aka Galient: Crest of Iron). That has really nice redraws of all the mecha, purely by Izubuchi.
The Iron Emblem designs were gorgeous. I found some linework from it recently; gorgeous Izubuchi stuff.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:59 pm

Anyone know if this series will be released in the west anytime soon? cause damn it looks good, I love medieval style mecha
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

mechageist

Post by mechageist » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:03 am

I believe a few episodes have been subbed by a group that also subbed Tekkaman Blade. I think the group's name is "Liquid Anime".

Panzer World Galient does have some cool designs based from some models/statues I've seen.

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:08 pm

I recently saw the first episode raw. It looks really good so far, and would be a series that I'm very interested in seeing more of.

I think there was also a board game called Panzer Blade which is related.