Mazinkaiser

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mazinkaiser

Post by Tachyon » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:56 pm

I rented the 2 DVD's for Mazinkaiser yesterday to check it out. I've seen the first 2 episodes of it so far and I really like it. It has a look and feel like a super hero comic book - lots of action and drama and a number of inconsistancies that would bother you if the story was serious sci-fi but you're having so much fun watching the show that you ignore them.

The new Mazinkaiser robot looks awesome. I wish I could find an artbook or 2 for this series. I recommend the OAV series to all who enjoy super robots.

On a side note, I rented the first DVD for Shin Getter Robo and had a hell of a time trying to watch it. The storyline was never revealed and I couldn't make sense of what was going on. The action was cool but I got a headache trying to make sense of anything. Has anybody else had this problem?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Grebo Guru

Re: Mazinkaiser

Post by Grebo Guru » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:44 pm

Shin Getter Robo... you mean the one from a few yers ago? "Armageddon", as its called? I thought that series was GREAT. Its a lot like the Giant Robo OVA series -- the plot is revealed gradually, over time. So dont worry about it. The first episode is supposed to be confusing. Also remember this is in its own continuity, so it contradicts the events of the Getter Robo, Getter Robo G, and Getter Robo Go tv series a lot.

Kuruni

Getter

Post by Kuruni » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:28 pm

It does has conflict with previous series though. As we saw both Musashi and Benkei work together. (Musashi is dead in Getter Robo and Benkei replace him in Getter Robo G.)

Well, I never been really confuse...since I meet them in SRW D first, that give me a rough storyline. (I just purchase VCD boxset few months ago.) Not sure if that is good though... :| Still, some mystery make me curious until very last episodes.
Justice will never lose!