Which is Most Powerful Starship ever?

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:43 pm

Although techinically not one ship, the ones our heroes fly in in Gao Gai Gar Final are constitient parts to a hammer that can destroy a solar system.

kosh

Post by kosh » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:32 am

I'm surprised no one mentioned a powerful little ship called the Nadesico , although compared to the ones already mentioned I don't know if it would qualify as the most powerful . I personally would like to see the Macross and Yamato go one on one , don't know who'd win , but it would be a magnificent fight .
Do you understand?

Sign of Haro

Post by Sign of Haro » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:43 pm

I'd say the SDF-1. Even though the Zentradi were holding back most of the time, it still showed it can take quite a beating without going down.

Newton

Post by Newton » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:06 am

-geek mode on-

With all due respect (and I truly mean that):

Oh, HELL no!

After the performance in Final Yamato, where the Big Yam destroys a Denguil fleet, not with the Wave Motion Gun, but with the BACKBLAST and SHRAPNEL from a planet it SHOT THROUGH to get at them, I'd say that the Yamato would win that little scuffle.

That said...

The SDF-1's Burst Point shield would lay a world of hurt on the Yamato, if it could absorb a Wave Motion blast. Not to mention the Macross' Big Box O' Valkyries (with a side of Destroid Sauce).

But then...

The Yamato fights best when it's surrounded. Not to mention it's got better long-range armament than the SDF-1: Those shock cannons are (since Beefaroni Yamato) loaded with Wave-Motion shells, so enemies are subjected to WMD (Wave Motion Death) before they face the Big Gun.

In summary: My money's on the Yamato.

-geek mode: standby-
:D

-Newt

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:41 am

Newton , you make a great argument for the Yamato , but the Macross showed it could really soak up the beam energy and come out fighting . Now I don't know how wave motion energy differs from the particle beam cannon used by the Zentran and Meltran , but the Macross would just need one clear shot at the Yamato and bye-bye Wildstar and company , of course the same applies to the Yamato , although I couldn't say if the Macross shields would stand up to the WMC or not .
Do you understand?