Madox 01 Soundtrack

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Madox 01 Soundtrack

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:20 pm

I watched Madox 01 Metal Skin Panic again last night. A great OAV. Is it still possible to buy the CD soundtrack for that? I wonder where a person would go looking.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:21 pm

Maybe CD Japan?

How would you rate Madox-01 btw?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:39 pm

It's a short, one episode OAV but I really liked it. Great action, a few laughs and a good soundtrack. Definitely worth a look for mecha fans.

Whatever happened to Artmic Studio? I have a lot of their anime on DVD now. What are they doing these days?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:09 am

Tachyon wrote:Whatever happened to Artmic Studio? I have a lot of their anime on DVD now. What are they doing these days?
Artmic no longer exists! There was a huge, ugly legal battle and they imploded, along with AIC I do believe. Kenichi Sonoda went off to do his own things (GunSmith Cats and later Exaxxion) and the other members scattered to other projects and groups. One or two of the lesser Artmic people fell in with Pioneer, I believe, and Junichi Akutsu went on to work with BEE-Craft on assorted Gundam projects (including SEED Astray).

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:22 am

Yeah, AIC had problems for awhile after that, but they've been back in business for a while now.

They just don't do very much stuff on their own, they're associated with a lot of other companies now.

In fact, they produced the new version of Dangaioh that came out a few years ago.
Shinei!

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:57 pm

A shame Artmic no longer exists....dear shame.They produced some of the most interesting mechanical desings (and series) in anime history.

But funny thing about Studio Artmic is that a good 60% of AICs first shows were co-produced by Artmic,though their last solo animation productions...if I remember correctly were two "bombs"...Power DOLLS and Gall Force:The Revolution.

And Yes,I fondly remember Metal Skin Madox-01...for what it was,it was probably one of the more "sucessful" one shot oavs released in the 80s.Though not as popular as it's kin like Bubblegum Crisis,Gall Force,Megazone 23,etc....I enjoyed it for what it was....45 minutes of a straightforward storyline about a loveable loser going on a powersuit joy ride.