Heavy Metal L-Gaim

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:22 pm

The first 2 OVAs are a summarization of the whole TV series. The third is an original story called, IIRC, "Full Metal Soldier."

(This kind of thing was done a lot in the 80s. Layzner and Galient got a similar treatment.)

Anyway, the 3rd OVA was about a new villain, his cool, six-armed, musically-controlled HM, and the fight between him and the L-Gaim. There was a great scene in it with a whole army of HMs, some of which were actually original designs -- in fact, contest-winning designs sent in by fans!

Newton

Post by Newton » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:04 pm

Have those OVAs gotten to DVD yet in Region 2? You're making me miss my VHS copies (old though they may be)...

-Newt

Sign of Haro

Post by Sign of Haro » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:32 pm

With FSS OVA being released in March, I can't help but feel L-Gaim could be coming around the corner... c'mon ADV!

Quiddity

Post by Quiddity » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:15 pm

Here's a minor question. Are Anton and Heckler actual members of the '13 men', or are they trainees, like Leccee was before she defected? Since I'm nearly at the end of the series and have only seen 11 thus far (Giwaza, Nei Mo Han, Chai Char, Wassan, Lily, Rockley Ron, Mctomin, Ted Devilas, Gania, Hans, and that bald lady at Sveto). If they are, that would solve the problem of the 2 missing ones. BTW, I must say this series became quite good at the end, only 4 episodes left for me now. :)

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:53 pm

The two members of the 13 men who aren't in the series are in Full Metal Soldier, and they're nos 1 and 2, I think.

Note that the 13 men are different to the original 24.

Sarte

Post by Sarte » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:46 pm

I love L-Gaim's mecha designs to death. They are among the sleekest, most beautiful mecha ever animated.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:04 pm

Sarte wrote:I love L-Gaim's mecha designs to death. They are among the sleekest, most beautiful mecha ever animated.
And Nagano has improved so much since then, its scary...
Shinei!

Newton

Post by Newton » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:10 pm

I don't know if I can wait for an American release much longer. According to Jerry Chu (Bandai Entertainment), they don't plan to release it here anytime soon.

Ah well, at least it's available from HK (though I don't look forward to the Chingrish subtitles) :? .

-Newt

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:03 pm

Newton wrote:I don't know if I can wait for an American release much longer. According to Jerry Chu (Bandai Entertainment), they don't plan to release it here anytime soon.

Ah well, at least it's available from HK (though I don't look forward to the Chingrish subtitles) :? .

-Newt
Dude, that sux.

Now that I have finally aquired all 26 episodes of Escaflowne, I want this series more than any other out there...
Shinei!

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:19 pm

I say we pester the hell out of Bandai to release L-gaim, and any other classic Sunrise series we are waiting for.
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!