Heavy Metal L-Gaim

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Daishikaze

Heavy Metal L-Gaim

Post by Daishikaze » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:58 pm

I'm extremely interested in this series and I would like a few opinions about it. maybe alittle info if possible. Thanx alot

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:20 pm

I'm also quite interested. I have a lot of scan-able materials and plan to make a section on Gears Online in the future. I've never seen the show, though. I'm wondering what other mecha fans think of it.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Mave

Post by Mave » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:44 pm

Very exciting and interesting. It seems as of now atleast the closest thing to a long running series of FSS. :D

Nagano did chara and mechadesign but the interesting part is IF Nagano ever did any story or idea-input. If not it would seem he borrowed quite a few parts of this story by mr. Gundam himself Yoshiyuki Tomino to later go on and do FSS.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:05 pm

I remember reading a translated interview with Tomino where he complained about Nagano always wanting to have a say in story/setting/plot decisions. I think from that it's safe to assume that Nagano contributed quite a bit.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:09 pm

Mave, Do you have this on DVD or something?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:56 am

I like the show very VERY much :D Although I must admit I might be biased coz of the Nagano factor. I happen to like Z Gundam alot too :shock:

When I'm watching L-Gaim, it feels like I'm watching FSS TV series! The story is very similar to FSS' own timeline for the Upandora reign, and Colus VI's rebellion. I'll be surprised if Nagano didnt have a part in the story plot. It makes me yearn for FSS to be animated :|

Mave

Post by Mave » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:39 am

> Daishikaze

Well...nobody has licensed it yet so it isnt R1...if you know what i mean

> Tachyon

Is the interview still online?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:22 am

Nagano definately had something to do with the plot of L-gaim.

He even wanted to include Fatima, as I used to have a pic of an old L-gaim promotional poster (I think) that had a picture of Oldna Posseidal with a shadowy figure in the background. The caption read:

Oldna Posseidal with Atropos to come!

I heard that Sunrise found the idea of Fatima too weird or something so decided not to include it.

Essentially, FSS is L-gaim the way Nagano really wanted to do it...
Shinei!

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:33 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Essentially, FSS is L-gaim the way Nagano really wanted to do it...
Yes, very true. Its also very different due to its lack of any participation by Tomino.

And for those who might not have noticed, "Ladios Sopp" is basically a scrambling of "Poseidal"... javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

Mave

Post by Mave » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:02 pm

Very interesting info guys. How about we flip it around and look at it from the other side...
What did Tomino contribute? :twisted:

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:33 am

This is from the opening of L-Gaim. We can see the silhoutte of a fatima in the hatch of the L-Gaim MkII. Pilots sit in the chest area of the HM.

Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:39 am

Oh ya, Daishikaze, you can read more about L-Gaim from http://www.heika.net/html/lgaim.htm

but it contains spoilers. It's more or less FSS in the 4000s ;)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:05 am

What's interesting about the whole L-Gaim fatima issue is that the only two machines that even show the fatimeish silhouettes are the Original Auge and L-Gaim MK.II the founding predessing images for one FSS's most climatic battles

And yea,Nu's correct,Sunrise didn't quite like the idea of anorexicly thin androids being the computer systems for giant robots but the fatima imagrey with the Original Auge and L-Gaim MK.II was kept eitherway.....

As much as I loved the tv series,Full Metal Solider was awesome and the Pagprta Heavy Metal is seriously a wicked machine.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:36 pm

so..................is the HK set worth buying, or should I wait for a R1 release?
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:02 pm

I myself am guilty of owning the HK set,it's a set away from being disposable...but it's a temporary fix for my L-Gaim crave...hopefuly in the near future an R-1 release is possible since already Dunbine and Gundam Zeta are among a gaggle of classic Sunrise shows being released.

One can only hope for more. :D