Spt Layzner TV - 1985 (Download Here)

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Area88

Spt Layzner TV - 1985 (Download Here)

Post by Area88 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:43 am

Spt Layzner is one of the best mech shows of all time. It's renound for being the darkest and most angsty tv series from the 80's. If you thought Gundam Zeta was depressing then wait untill you see this amazing show.

Attempted to be digitally fansubbed twice already, Anime Dreams the first in 2004, then Shin Getter in 2005, with only one episode ever been completed. This prompted ACR to go into unknown territory and start fansubbing the series ourselves.

Episodes 1-8 provided below:
Download - Spt Layzner - Episodes 1 to 3 - Torrent (Click Here)
Download - Spt Layzner - Episodes 4 to 6 - Torrent (Click Here)
Download - Spt Layzner - Episodes 7 to 8 - Torrent (Click Here)

All our anime releases including one shot OVA's, can be found below::
Complete ACR Torrent Page (Click Here)

STAY TUNED

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:48 pm

Great news! I would really like to watch this show all the way through subtitled.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Newton

Post by Newton » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:37 pm

Area88 -

Thank you and all of your group for finally doing this show. I've waited 23 years to get all of what was happening in Layzner, and you guys are making the wait worthwhile.

Yeah, this is a truly dark show. While not as shoot-yourself depressing as VOTOMS (yet), it's not for the faint of heart. I can only watch it in one or two-episode increments, because the idea of being trapped on Mars with dwindling supplies, hunted by alien mecha, is kinda rough.

I've watched the entire show raw, but the dialogue makes the situation much more dire. Thanks again for taking on this project!!!

Quiddity

Post by Quiddity » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:55 pm

Even darker than Ideon? Sounds like I gotta check this show out.

Newton

Post by Newton » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:22 am

Well, so far, not as dark as Ideon. I mean, that show gives off vibes of "DOOMED AS DOOMED CAN BE!" from beginning to (bizarre) end. :D

That said, Layzner is pretty damn dark - I didn't realize that these guys are just cosmic thrill-killers. I'm up to ep. 7, and I find myself thinking, "will somebody please nuke these guys?"

I look forward to seeing the subsequent eps subtitled, 'cause it only gets deeper from here.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spt Layzner TV - 1985 (Download Here)

Post by Tachyon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:31 pm

What's the progress on this? Have you gotten past episode 8? I'd like to watch the show but it looks like I may have to wait a while.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.