Gall Force: The Revolution

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gall Force: The Revolution

Post by Tachyon » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:07 pm

Has anyone seen the 4 episode OAV Gall Force: The Revolution? Is it any good? Did it have new mecha designs?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

TSP

Post by TSP » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:54 am

Remembering from what I've seen back in 1996 or '97 Newtype magazine it had a total different mechanical design.
Was like a mix between Broccoli's Galaxy Angel and Vandread/Nadesico. Don't know if I still have that issue but I sure look for that one and see if I can find some mecha designs.
I red that it was a remake of the first 3 Gall Force episodes which call forth disappointment.
After watching New Era I gave up upon Gall Force .
GF New Era which also was a remake of the first GF killed the whole girls in space opera. :cry:

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:56 am

From what I read of The Revolution, it was about a civil war among the Solnoids with no connection to the original trilogy at all, except for the reuse of Charactors, but not using Sonoda's designs.

I was disappointed when I read this, and I also don't like how it looks, it lost the serious edge of the original. I would like to see the mecha designs though
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Area88

Post by Area88 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:00 pm

Watch the opening and judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4LWjG9PE5g

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:18 pm

It just doesn't feel right for Gall Force IMO.
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:43 pm

Yeah, I'm with Daishikaze. It just doesn't feel right after you see the "Gall Force" name in the title. I'd like to see it subtitled sometime but I don't have high hopes for it after seeing that.

TSP

Post by TSP » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:06 am

Okay I'm finished with the magazines. And my search led to desparation and dissapointment. The only thing I found on Gall Force Revolution was a schedule for promotion events held during September and October 1996 in B-Club magazine. And a small sales announcement in AnimeV.
Newtype 80's and 90's issues are all at my brothers place in the Netherlands :cry:. My next visit there will be on christmas. Then I'll have the chance to check on Gall Force again. Ack,ack,ack,ack...(Supposed to sound like Mars Attacks' martains laught!)

Sorry! If you wish for I will climb up the highes mountain in my village (35m) and have son-of-a-dog-style seppuku.
But no1 will take away the time I had with Gonfalon while browsing through the B-Clubs.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:51 am

Thanks for taking the time to check on this, TSP.

TSP

Post by TSP » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:59 am

I still can't believe it. I look through NT96 1-12, NT97 2-10 Only 2 pages of Gallforce Revolution. Seems like Gallforce could not compete with Nadesico, Gundam X, Cyber formula , NG Knights Ramune and so on. I made 300dpi scans of all the GF stuff(2) I could find and the '89 Gunhed mechanical files. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:19 am

I made 300dpi scans of all the GF stuff(2) I could find and the '89 Gunhed mechanical files.
You made scans? Cool! I'd like to see them.