Orguss - Question On Ascent Capsule

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Orguss - Question On Ascent Capsule

Post by Tachyon » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:02 am

Olson and Kei ride up the orbital elevator in the Ascent Capsule (Time/Space Conversion Device). Is it just a capsule with a rocket engine? Or does it have a system installed to let it pass through the sky barrier? Any information would be appreciated!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Norsehound

Post by Norsehound » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:54 am

To my knowledge the capsule was constructed with special equipment for the Tokuiden. What this is or how it works I don't know, but the Emaan seem to have advanced know-how on the Tokuiden and how dimensional mechanics work (since they explained it to Kei long before the Terram came up with a final D-transporter).

My inner fan says that it was equipment to allow them to survive the transition into the orbiting Tokuiden. The fact that Terram scientists sabotaged some of the parts to brainwash Kei and olsen seems to imply this, for if it was just a travel capsule then why would the Terram want to sabotage their only means of restoring earth to it's "proper" terram-only state?

As for passing through the sky barrier- the Orbital elevator seemed to be the only way to actually get through it. My inner fan suggests there was a lot of stress around where the elevator hit the sky, but the elevator was strong/close enough to ground zero to survive. More Mu have gone up the elevator and presumably found out what was going on by exploring it.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:14 am

A rough guess here -- The elevator is a "hole" through the sky barrier but the special equipment Reeg/Leegh designed helps the capsule translate properly into the dimensional state where the Tokuiten/DBomb rests.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.