Gaogaigar on August 29th

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gaogaigar on August 29th

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:47 pm

Anime Works is bringing us King of Braves Gaogaigar on DVD on August 29th. Are any of you guys going to buy it?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

hitori

Re: Gaogaigar on August 29th

Post by hitori » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:00 pm

Tachyon wrote:Anime Works is bringing us King of Braves Gaogaigar on DVD on August 29th. Are any of you guys going to buy it?
It was a great fun while it lasted, but I'm not sure the burning-blood(熱血) style of Yuusha anime would work now.
But I do own the GGG Final dvds.

Ko tetsu fun sai~ Goldion Hammer! :D

hitori

Post by hitori » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:16 pm

For the fans of GGG

46kb - View Full Image

Newton

Post by Newton » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:06 am

Hells yeah!

To have THE giant robot anime series with GOOD subtitles? I'll take two big scoops o' that!^__^

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:37 pm

I can't wait for this

Do you think if it sells well, it would open up the possibility of more Classic Super robot shows being released?
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:42 pm

It's hard to say but I hope it sells well.

Newton

Post by Newton » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:11 pm

I think it will. Media Blasters appears to have committed to bringing more classic mecha-SF anime to Americans. With Tekkaman Blade, Voltron and the original Go-Lion and Dairugger XV, and now GaoGaiGar, I'd say that the future looks bright for more of these shows to see daylight over here.

It's a really gutsy (pun intended) move to buck the moe-girl-exploitation wave, and put out some of the old shows that made anime great. It definitely shows a love for the stuff on the part of Media Blasters. So, if sales are good, I would expect more such shows from MB in the future.

Personally, I want all of Masami Ohbari's mecha works. I've never seen D-1 Devastator, and I'd like to own it. The few pictures I've seen, and the few seconds I caught of it, showed me the baddest of the badass transforming car-mecha.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:34 pm

I've never seen D-1 Devastator, and I'd like to own it. The few pictures I've seen, and the few seconds I caught of it, showed me the baddest of the badass transforming car-mecha.
Now I'm really interested. Where can a guy see some of that?

Newton

Post by Newton » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:31 am

I'm gonna have to call some of my old cronies, and see if any of them have it. I've been jonesin' to see it for so many years, it's time for me to "reach out and touch someone" who has it on VHS.

If I find it, I'll hook you up.

Area88

Post by Area88 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:55 pm

Wow others who have heard of D-1 Devastator. I'd say it was a tribute to Galvion. Here's some pictures i have:

Image Image

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod » Wed May 02, 2007 9:43 pm

Caught this over on Anime News Network the other day:
Voltron Forces Gaogaigar on DVD Hiatus -
Anime on DVD reports that Media Blasters will be placing Gaogaigar on hiatus for an undetermined period of time following the release of the fifth volume of the series. The Anime on DVD report cited a post on the ToonZone forums which alleged that Media Blasters has stopped production of further Gaogaigar episodes because the series was not selling well in the US market. According to Anime on DVD, however, the reason for the hiatus is that Media Blasters is now concentrating on releasing Voltron, and that dates for the remaining five volumes of Gaogaigar will be announced in the future.
I'm not really surprised to read about this. I'm not sure about the US and other places in Canada but where I am, outside of amazon I haven't seen a DVD of Gaogaigar for sale so of course sales would be low. As well, Voltron has the name and is a known quantity in North America over GaoGaiGar which is more known by anime fans.

Still, I hope they do at least finish the release of the series as I wouldn't mind actually buying it.

Hyakushiki

Post by Hyakushiki » Sun May 13, 2007 4:09 pm

Nimrod wrote: I'm not really surprised to read about this. I'm not sure about the US and other places in Canada but where I am, outside of amazon I haven't seen a DVD of Gaogaigar for sale so of course sales would be low. As well, Voltron has the name and is a known quantity in North America over GaoGaiGar which is more known by anime fans.

Still, I hope they do at least finish the release of the series as I wouldn't mind actually buying it.
From what I have heard, GaoGaiGar will continue after Vol. 5, but the following volumes will be sub only.
Don't send a coordinator to do a Newtype's job!