Go Lion and Dairugger 15 Next Year

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Go Lion and Dairugger 15 Next Year

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:34 pm

It looks like Anime Works is releasing Go Lion and Dairugger 15 next year subtitled. No release dates yet. I've heard Go Lion is not for young children so I'm intrigued...
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

hitori

Re: Go Lion and Dairugger 15 Next Year

Post by hitori » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:53 pm

Tachyon wrote:It looks like Anime Works is releasing Go Lion and Dairugger 15 next year subtitled. No release dates yet. I've heard Go Lion is not for young children so I'm intrigued...
Isn't Go-Lion the same as Voltron?
How is that not for children?
Because [spoiler] the blue guy dies [/spoiler] ??

Maybe I'm talking about something totally different.
Afterall, that series is ancient. :)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:02 pm

Go Lion was on Japanese TV in 1982. In 1984 it was brought over to the U.S. and edited before appearing on TV here as Voltron. I read a while back that Go Lion had all sorts of violence in it. The evil king's son slicing up female servants when he was pissed, terrorists killing townspeople to demoralize the Go Lion pilots, etc.

Anime Works Web site warned customers of violence and mature themes in Go Lion and Dairugger 15. There were no warnings for the DVD release of Voltron that starts in September of this year.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

hitori

Post by hitori » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:07 pm

Oh......so it's the uncut version.
That might be worth checking out.

I hope they're cheap though...not sure I'd pay full price for 20 year old anime.

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:47 am

From all I've heard Lion Force Voltron was a VERY edited version of Golion and Vehicle Force Voltron, Dairugger XV, was just as heavily edited for American TV. In Dairugger XV the Robeasts were not robots, but living beings that were mutated into those monsters and the fighters were piloted by normal pilots, not robots; in one episode about 300 fighters were shot down and that's why in the american version everything was robot piloted. I recall reading somewhere that Dairugger was so violent that the Japanese audience was somewhat upset by it. So if these are the original unedited versions they will not be kid friendly at all, at least not young children. Course ya know I'm going to order both as soon as they are available. :D
Do you understand?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:08 am

SWEET!

I've always wanted to see these two classic series unedited. Now I'll finally get the chance!
Shinei!

Newton

Post by Newton » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:13 am

Oh yeah! Gotta get my little claws into these two series, too!

Ever since I first saw GoLion and sat in stunned awe (nuclear holocaust starts off the show? You have GOT to be kidding me!), I have wanted this show.

As for Dairugger XV, as a friend of mine once said, "anybody who flies a fighter plane from a power-dive to a dead stop by way of docking - on the robot's CHEST - is INSANE! You KNOW that bitch is a psycho!" I look forward to seeing this show in its uncut glory.