Orgussasm

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Orgussasm

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:14 pm

Heh heh. Couldn't resist typing "Orgussasm". Old joke, I know.

Anyways, while looking into Orguss online I found this:

http://orguss.freeservers.com/

This site has a great collection of images and the information looks top-notch. Does anyone know who runs this site? I'm wondering if we can work out a collaboration. I'd sure like permission to use the text profiles... I've never seen Orguss and don't know much about it.

If none of you guys know him I'll Email him myself. Maybe he's willing to discuss possibilities. If not, the show must go on.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:25 pm

I know that site well, but I don't know the owner. That is one of the best, if not the best, information source for Orguss on the net.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:54 am

http://orguss.freeservers.com/

His Email bounces. How does one contact this guy?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:15 pm

I still can't contact Mark Stout but the Orguss Episode Guide he posted should give me everything I need.

Norsehound

Post by Norsehound » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:21 am

I know a few things about Orguss in that I can lend a hand, if a page is being made.

I also have the DVDs on hand- just not accurate and complete translations...

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:12 am

Thanks, Norsehound! When I get down to coding pages for Orguss I'll remember your offer.

I have 11 images left to clean up for the secret project. After image clean up it shouldn't take much longer to complete. Then I read through the Orguss episode guide thoroughly.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:18 pm

After reading the episode summaries and studying the art books I've decided Orguss' popularity may have been hurt by the risks they took. The writers and production team took a lot of risks by doing things differently. The storyline was an ambitious science-fiction tale with elements of the kind of abstract ideas usually found only in sci-fi novels. Instead of one token "different" character (robot or alien) Orguss had three. The mecha designs were quite different. Lots of bird-like GERWALK mecha and fewer humanoid shapes. I think Studio Nue and the other folks working on Orguss deserve credit for being brave and trying to make an anime show that was different.

Norsehound

Post by Norsehound » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:44 pm

and they are remembered by Orguss-2, which tossed or distorted the entire novelty of Orguss.

I go by hearsay- I haven't seen Orguss2 because of what I've heard (and seen) about it. The only time Orguss is mentioned appears to be when Tai shows up, the Orguss knockoff, and some flashback scenes. I wanted a continuation of Orguss, not a sidestory.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Norsehound wrote:I wanted a continuation of Orguss, not a sidestory.
Yeah, Orguss 02 was definitely a side story and not a continuation. It's unfortunate that they called it "Orguss 02." I liked it, though. I bought the DVD and had fun watching it. They should have called it something like Orguss: Strands of Destiny or Decimator: An Orguss Story.

I would also like a continuation story but judging by how they ended it, how would you write Orguss part 2? The entire setting, an integral part of the Orguss story, was set back to its proper place at the end.

I guess you could say that breaking the time bubble at the top of the obital elevator only partially restored things. How's this for fanboy brainstorming:

Super Dimensions Century Orguss Traveller
Kei and Olson wake up after the events of the final episode of the first series. Seeing that the time bubble has burst, they rush down the orbital elevator to find their friends in a state of confusion. The Mu are in full retreat. After getting their bearings, the Chiram and Emaan technicians report that the sky barrier has risen to a higher altitude in most places but it hasn't left. The Earth's temperature has stabilized and the natural disasters are lessening. The Earth isn't fully restored, though. The problems will all come again unless they solve the problem.

The Mu didn't understand the Earth's failing condition. They developed their own dimensional machinery to keep the problem going. They think the Earth's damaged condition will help them destroy organic life and don't realize it will cause the Earth to be destroyed.

The heroes now plan to attack the continent of Mu and destroy the Mu's installation that is perpetuating the problem. The secret lies in the continent of Atlantis - where the heroes have gone but didn't stay long enough to really investigate. Mimsy and Kei get married and Olson and Athena's rocky relationship gets its start. Add some new mecha (hey, Miyatake is still in the mechanical design business) and a few character driven subplots and you're ready to go!

Norsehound

Post by Norsehound » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:13 am

:D :D :D

REMEMBERING ORGUSS

In the year 2012, the first trials of dimensional transition are activated in a nuclear laboratory in an unnamed city. On the premisis is a young man, Bran Alkali, who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. For whatever reason, Bran is oscilated out of his own dimension and ends up....

...somewhere else. The crashbang of the event brings a rescue team to investigate... of Emaan. Shocked at the displacement, Bran discovers that the world is...changed... as the result of an event in the past. He is brought to a recovery area where work is underway to unearth the remains of the Space elevator capital containing the Orguss, Olsen's Orguss, and the Nickick. The Emaan leader interviewing Bran deduces by his testimony that somehow he is a Tokuiden- though how he' formed and what he's doing is unknown.

Not long after arriving at the scene and being shown the Orguss, an Emaan trader arrives. Her name is Chenela, and she comes to find payment for discovering the digsite. She wants the Orguss and Bran as settlement. The Emaan representative, Tatanai, argues that the findings nor bran can be designated as payment. Chenela won't hear it.

Things go to hell when a Mu revives itself from the excavation site and goes on a rampage. Tatanai, expecting something drastic, calls in her tradeship the Touroma. It lands, and Chenela drags Bran inside. They also recover the Orguss during the confusion and make off with pilot and machine in the process.

Bran peices together what happened and discovers he's in Southeastern Asia- the home of the Emaan territory. He also discovers that it's the year 2093- some thirty-one years after an event that changed the world forever... and 80 years since he was last seen. He demands to know what's happened and tries to befriend the strange Emaan crew... all the while trying to find out what he's doing here.

Since the Touroma is marked as having 'clan property' of Thoov aboard, not many are willing to shelter them. Chenela decides to argue this in front of the Emaan council and makes for Valhalla- ordering the Orguss repaired in the process. The Emaan team does so, and Bran is educated in it's function by Ashia- an Emaan who has interest in the dimensional misfit.

When they arrive at Valhalla they find beurocracy is not willing to be lienent in their case. Also, though Bran is reciprocating feelings for Ashia, the Emaan woman's former lover comes to the Touroma to reuinte himself with his love. Bran decides to leave- taking the Orguss with him- and departing into the wilderness about Valhalla.

When she returns, Chenela is enraged, and follows Bran out into the wilderness as Emaan flyers try to locate the lost machine. Bran, however, eventually stumbles in on a country home... and is greeted by Kei Katsuragi.

Chenela finds the Orguss down at the Katusragi estate, expressing her concerns about the decision of the council and her wish to keep Bran safe from possible Emaan 'scientific ventures'. Not long after this, Kei's Daughter Tina arrives and argues for Bran's return. There is bad blood between parents and offspring and Tina is 'asked' to leave. Bran stays at the Katusragi estate under their protection- as Kei and Mimsy are something of national heroes.

The next morning the Glomar arrives at the Katusragi estate, bringing Shaya, Jabby, and Peleblume with them. She meets Bran and we catch up with what happened to the others after the 'Dimensional Toss-' the restoration of the world. We also learn that Olsen and Tina left for North america to determine try to sort out the mess of a brewing Terram civil war. Nobody's heard from the Terram nation in years, and the Emaan haven't sent any expeditions. Bran expresses his urge to return to North america, also, to see if there is anything left of his life from eighty years past.

Things degenerate in the council and Chenela is forced to leave for her own safety. She recalls the Touroma and proceeds to the Katusragi estate while her contemporaries int he council stall for time. Once there, Chenela picks up Bran, the Orguss, and the Glomar team as the two tradeships start heading north along the coast.

After some misadentures they reach North America. It's a barren waste of a land devestated by intense civil war following the dimensional toss. After reaching Bran's homeland they peice together the events behind the Dimensional Bomb and it's conception at the labs... they also discover Bran's dissapearance made the D-weapon possible in the firstplace. Questions arise as to what he's supposed to be the 'Tokuiden' to. Kei wonders what became of Olsen and Tina.

They are soon attacked by the forces of a warlordess who runs a great part of the western United States. In the attack the Touroma and Glomar are seperated. Based on what they have to go on, the Touroma decides to head east to the former Terram capital to see if anything can be learned from there. Along the way, the warlordess' forces chase them down, as the Orguss is mythical among the Terram for destruction.

The east coast of the U.S. is where it all ends....

-------------
:D As you can see, most of this is premeditated. Orguss 02 should have been something like this, I think, and if I was tasked at reviving Orguss (Something I'd LOVE to direct), I'd probably toss some references to 02 in there as a pareallel universe.

But I'd love to see the origional Orguss up and running- not some wannabe clone as portrayed in 02.

------------