Eureka Seven on Cartoon Network!!!

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Newton

Eureka Seven on Cartoon Network!!!

Post by Newton » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:59 pm

Hey GearHeads,

Eureka Seven (Bones, 2005-2006) starts April 15th on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim!

I just watched the last episode of the show (raw), and I can say that this show has good solid storytelling from beginning to end. It's set on an interesting world where special boards are used to ride transparence light particles, or "trapar". Not only people, but the awesome mechs (designed by Shoji Kawamori) ride these "lift-boards".

Storyline? Think "Tom Sawyer" meets "Dune". Keep an eyeball on Adult Swim on 4/15 - you won't be disappointed.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:19 pm

Now I wish I had cable. Perhaps a friend in town can tape it for me...
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:14 am

Ha yup', I just talked about this anime on IRC a few days ago.

I like the overall graphic of the anime, nice style. I'm not a big fan of mecha on surfboard though :? Well I've only seen stills, no movies.

Some talked about it as another Evangelion clone, but tsome said it was quite different, well particularly about the characters, who had way more personnality than those from Eva (not that's it's that hard :P ).

Newton

Post by Newton » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:19 pm

Eva clone? WROOOONG!!!

This show is nothing like Eva. The hero has much more of a clue than Shinji EVER had. Secondly, the characters grow to form a cohesive whole, unlike the disjointed and broken characters of Evangelion.

Regarding the surfin' mecha - just wait until you see them MOVE. This is Shoji Kawamori we're talking about here. You think he's gonna make the mechs look lame?

Gimme a break!^_^

Besides, if you can't trust my opinion, you can't trust anybody's. I know from mecha, and this show's GOT IT.

Andris

Post by Andris » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:11 pm

"Now I wish I had cable. Perhaps a friend in town can tape it for me..."

Hey Tachyon,

I got this taped... along with about 6+ hours of Adult Swim as I fell asleep in the first two minutes. Its amazing how much doing your own taxes ... well ... ummm.. taxes you. Suppose I learned a lesson, that being to do them in January.

... of course I say that every April 15th.