Possible L-Gaim Section on Gears Online

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Possible L-Gaim Section on Gears Online

Post by Tachyon » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:38 pm

If I can scan a good collection of L-Gaim images would people here help me with information? I know Rubel Colus is a fan of the show. Any others? I've never seen the show and know nothing about it although I have a healthy collection of scan-able materials.

I want to take care of some other minor projects first but I noticed another popular mecha site has an L-Gaim section and I wanted to give them some friendly competition. :P
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Vega Vaikyuko

Post by Vega Vaikyuko » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:33 pm

I'm a fan, but sadly, I only have fansubs for the first two episodes, and that's all I'd be able to cover. I need to work on getting more soon.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:09 am

I'd love to see some L-Gaim stuff on the site. I think its a natural expansion to the FSS section, considering how thats grown over time. Its good to have the information for FSS spiritual predecessor here as well.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:24 am

L-Gaim.... sounds v interesting. :twisted:

I dont know much about it though, but I remember Poseidal is a great fan of L-Gaim. :wink:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Norsehound

Post by Norsehound » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:20 pm

Not sure if posting here is at all welcome or not...

MAHQ has a fairly good batch of information reguarding the technical side of L.Gaim, as well as reviews of the series, but hardly anything 'descriptional' about the mecha, and their scans are really small. Seeing L.Gaim reviewed on Gears Online would be nice, as we can see bigger scans and certainly more info than provided by MAHQ.

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:27 pm

I have a couple of mooks with the original lineart that has some descriptions on, and some more detailed ones (I think) in another mook (with both character and mechanical)

The problem is that they're all in Japanese and I can't translate it.

I should have noticed this earlier, it's just I tend not to visit the non FSS or SRW forums very often. >.<

To add: One book is mook size, and contains large lineart but not any information. The other is much smaller, contains more text but has much smaller drawings.

I can probably scan the pages (it's quite long though) if someone is available to translate.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon May 01, 2006 4:10 am

Thanks so much for offering to help, Poseidal. I'm going to do an L Gaim section at some point but I can't say when. When I get back from Japan I'm going to set up a poll here where people can vote on the next project and L Gaim will be one of the options. If it gets voted in I'll start scanning my materials for it. I have 2 great books and some tidbits from other books.

Gundam Gaia Gear has to come before the vote winner, though.

Norsehound

Post by Norsehound » Tue May 02, 2006 4:52 am

But...you know... if you put Orguss up there I'll be forced to committ my vote. Orguss is too much un-loved to be passed up like that for L.Gaim. At least that series is profiled on MAHQ. Orguss has nothing save one flimsy fanpage.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue May 02, 2006 2:30 pm

At this point it all depends on whether or not I can find Orguss books in Tokyo. I really like the look of the mechanical designs in Orguss and the premise really interests me. Different worlds all getting mashed together? Fascinating! Would any anime studio take a risk on something like this today? Not likely!

Anyways, there are a lot of projects I'd like to work on. I just got my scanner copy of the new Vifam artbook. Once my boys get a little bigger they won't require constant supervision and care. Until then I just have to take it easy.

It's a little frustrating for me. I see the frequent updates at MAHQ and think "I could do just as good a job if I had time!" For now I'll just do what I can and plant the seeds for future projects.