Rean-wings, a new mecha-serie

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Falk

Rean-wings, a new mecha-serie

Post by Falk » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:38 pm

It looks to be a brand new serie :
http://www.rean-wings.net/

It looks like there's some sort of mecha a bit insect-inspired, and some nice weird naval warship.

kosh

Post by kosh » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:24 pm

Looks interesting , like it was inspired by Dunbine . Haven't heard anything about it yet , but I'll keep an eye open for any more information .
Do you understand?

Newton

Post by Newton » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:14 am

Check it out, kiddies!

http://www.rean-wings.net/streaming.html

It looks like this one is set at least partly on Earth after the events of the Dunbine series (notice the aura-powered earth vehicles - I especially like the little moth-mecha). Also, there are some badass mecha designs in this show. God help me, I even like the crotch-cockpit treatments in this one!

Winged ankles aside, this one looks like it's gonna be cool. Happily, perhaps I was wrong in my initial assessment of this show. I'm looking forward to seeing Wings of Rean!

Anybody got any idea of how to get Bandai Channel online?

Vega Vaikyuko

Post by Vega Vaikyuko » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:29 pm

Yeah, Wings of Rean is actually a Dunbine project (IIRC, Yoshiyuki Tomino wrote the Wings of Rean novel, which is what this is supposed to be based on).

I'm looking forward to it, myself.

Newton

The First Episode is Up!!!

Post by Newton » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:10 pm

I just saw the first episode. Confused? Yes. Action-packed? Oh, yeah! Beautiful? OH, HELL YEAH!!!

Am I ready to see another episode? MOST DEFINITELY!!!! Go see this one, folks! Use the link at the top to get to the right place. Click on one of the list of providers - I used the BIGLOBE one - and watch the fun!

This show has a feel similar to Escaflowne, even though it's in the Dunbine universe. What I mean is, it has the same sense of "ohmigod, here comes a really kick-ass storyline" like Escaflowne's first episode did.

Our cast of characters appears to be as interesting as the one in Dunbine, and it appears that there will be twists aplenty just from the introductions. I hope the next episodes are easy to obtain; I'm really excited to see more of this show!

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:21 pm

Impressive... Most impressive... 20 seconds after launching internet explorer, that damn browser is already frozen... Of course during those 20 seconds, the playing starts while there's not enough data loaded. And if you hit pause, it has to reload what you've just seen. Sometimes you really wonder what some guys are paid for.

Japan and asx, a love story that's really getting on my nerves...

With what do you read it ?
Some links bring me to a trailer, some other ask me to agree or not to a licence, exept it's some japanese in the wrong encoding and that I can only disagree...

Just one more example why people would rather download something from a p2p network than whatever "oh so great" and official download network with not much choice, crap quality and unability to play on various hardware.

Newton

Post by Newton » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:22 pm

Falk:

If you have a broadband connection, try this:

Go to http://www.rean-wings.net/

Hit the rectangle with the katakana for "episode 1 streaming" in the sentence.

Pick your streaming service (I chose Biglobe)

Then sit back and watch the fun.

If you're not on broadband, I'm not sure this will help. But give it a try if you are. I apologize for not giving more instructions.

Newton

Post by Newton » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:39 pm

Revised instructions:

Go to http://www.rean-wings.net/

Skip the opening film.

When the top page opens, click the button (big yellowish rectangle just below the picture) that has "First Preview" in katakana.

Select "Biglobe" for your streaming service. A new page will open. http://character.biglobe.ne.jp/chara/rean/

In the window to the right of the picture, will be a blue button that has "1Mps" listed. Click that button.

A new window will open. You will be at http://broadband.biglobe.ne.jp/index_bch.html
The site will rez up, and the show should start automatically.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by my earlier instructions.

Ryusei_Zero

Post by Ryusei_Zero » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:26 am

The Mecha designs are kinda neat. My connection is painfully dail-up, so I'm not going to be downloading anything big anytime soon, ah well...

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:26 am

Thanks for the instructions Newton, but that media player, or should I say "wanna-be media player" won't work decently. It played a trailer (or tried to), then I had a licence window in bad encoded japanese poping-up agani and again...
That's amaizing to see the load of crap they're painfully including in each new version (functions that were borrowed from other players... who cares about a skin when watching a movie ?! why that visible/unvisible rollover on the layout ?!), and that the streaming, which may be the most important feature right after simply playing a file, won't work correctly if you don't happen to have your phone line between CERN and Caltech... BLah... (I have a broadband connection, not the best for sure but this should be ok if that software worked properly).
Yeah I'm ranting :wink: but that's really boring. Quicktime may be far from perfect (yup', really far), but at least it does the streaming well and doesn't start to play the movie while only half a second of it is loaded... :D

Newton

Post by Newton » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:29 am

Guys,

I'm sorry for teasing you with the episode description. Falk, that sucks that you couldn't get the thing to work. I tried downloading it, but I couldn't get downloading to work with the file. Perhaps some of our more computer-gifted friends could try on the 16th. That's when they play it again.

I'll keep an eye out to see if anybody has it available on BitTorrent.

Newton

Post by Newton » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:12 am

ALERT --- ALERT --- ALERT

WINGS OF REAN IS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AT THIS ADDRESS:

http://www.tokyotosho.com/index.php?cat=1

GO GET IT NOW WHILE YOU'VE GOT THE CHANCE!!!