SPT Layzner

Other mecha manga, shows, OAV's & movies

Moderator: kosh

Daishikaze

SPT Layzner

Post by Daishikaze » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:59 am

I just saw the first episode of this series and I thought it was damn good, Unfortunately I can only find one episode subtitled. I read that Bandai had licensed it but then cancelled its release and let the license expire.

Anyways, anyone else seen this? what do you think of it?
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Newton

Post by Newton » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:58 pm

Layzner's a great show. It's a bit hard to find now, but if you ask around, I'm sure you can find good copies.

Unfortunately, those copies will most probably be unsubbed. You won't be disappointed with the show, however - trust me on that.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:53 am

Oh I believe is a great show, I read a review of the Japanese DVDs and I loved what I read.

The first episode was amazing in the way they shockingly kill most of the people shown in the episode, I definately didn't expect that many people to die in one episode.

I can't really afford Japanese DVDs, I know I can get them from CDjapan individually, but thats really expensive and I don't speak a word of Japanese (Plus, the Missus would kill me for spending that much on something I won't beable to understand)

Thanx anyways.
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Newton

Post by Newton » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:03 am

Hey, let me know if you want them on VHS. I've got a friend who I'm sure has the whole show. If he doesn't, he'll know who does.

That'd be cheaper than shelling out for the DVDs, and would let you know for sure if you want to save up and get them.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:01 am

Are the tapes subbed? If you I might actually go for them.

Newton

Post by Newton » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:33 am

They'd most likely be unsubbed. That said, Layzner's plot isn't rocket science. It's not hard to figure out for an old-hand anime fan...