Battle of the God like Mecha

Mazinger, Raideen, Getter Robo and so many others

Moderator: kosh

Which of these high powered,almost God like mecha would become victorious if they were to engage in combat?

Ideon
57%
Zeorymer
3%
Rahxephon
7%
Rayearth
No votes
Evangelion Unit-01
17%
Dangaioh
7%
Genetic Gaogaigar (Final Fusion)
10%

Total votes: 30

Nightmare of Solomon

Post by Nightmare of Solomon » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:41 pm

A couple of other God-like mecha to contend with-

it's a relatively little known manga- but the title mecha- Dodakain, is larger than the earth!

in a particularly memorable scene, it reaches down thru the atmosphere and "re-arranges" an entire mountain range by pinching the earth's crust between its fingers. in another, it hand-stands on the earths crust and jets the entire planet into a diferent orbit!

If this machine could get it's hands on it opponents, they would pretty much be scrap- even a blast as large as the Zeorhymer's Mei-oh would possibly vaporize a finger-tip of a mecha this large-

Truth be told- this mech was so outrageously overpowered- it was beyond ridiculous and thankfully didn't last too long as a series- but for raw power and size, only the Gunbuster III even comes close, and the Dodekain could probably throw the entire Jupiter Bomb like a gigantic football!

Another mecha of ridiculously un-proportional power is Orgun- (or perhaps any other Detonator in that series)- the Grand Cruciform Attack, all but destroys a Death Star-esqe Battle Planet- and Orgun is only 7 ft. tall!

maybe not god-like, but far too much power for such a small frame-

just my thoughts on the God-like mecha front

Vega Vaikyuko

Post by Vega Vaikyuko » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:30 am

Evangelion is definitely on the low end when it comes to super robots. Undoubtedl, I'm saying Ideon, for the amazing finale of the series. Nothing can beat that...nothing else that I've seen so far, anyway. :P

Dis Astranagun

Post by Dis Astranagun » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:39 pm

All the other mecha/entities/golems/lifeforms/etc. in the poll exist in the universe, and since

(Ultra Mega Spoiler alert[, I don't know if there's a spoiler tag here)

Ideon is capable of ending all existence, it by default wins, especially knowing that it does.

Also, the original manga Shin Getter Robo can destroy the universe when fighting at full power, if I'm not mistaken.[/b]

red mazinger ranger

Post by red mazinger ranger » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:01 pm

dangaioh is my favorite [cross fight dangaio]

tetsujin

Post by tetsujin » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:51 am

dude the eva is totally out of the running, you just have to cut the cord an wait till it's power runs out :P

i'll go with shin getter -just cause the anime is so great!
does the macross count? they've got the deadly power of j-pop.

oh and mave -you know star wars would totally own up on some star trek, unless kirk busts out the sex appeal.

Godaiger

Post by Godaiger » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:04 pm

What about Mazinkaiser? I heard its GOD mode is so powerful it can destroy an entire planet possibly an entire galaxy as well

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:19 am

red mazinger ranger wrote:dangaioh is my favorite [cross fight dangaio]
Yeah, Dangaio is my favorite super-robot as well (the original, not the new version) but he's on the low end of the scale when it comes to Super-robots...he can't compete with the likes of Ideon or Getter Robo or Gunbuster etc.

I really LOVE the universe of Dangaio that Toshihiro Hirano created. I wish it could've been continued properly rather than that mistake that was Great Dangaio (which in the scheme of things wasn't bad, but was not up to the extremely high standard that the original Dangaio OAV series set)

My new favorite is Gravion. I have all of the first Gravion series but I need to get ahold of Gravion Zwei.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:56 am

I got the first Gravion DVD box set for free at a convention. I'm renting Gravion Zwei to continue the story. Hope it's good!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Star Dragon

hey

Post by Star Dragon » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:12 pm

Sorry if this is a late opinion.

From my limited knowledge of the series listed, IDEON FTW!

And I totally agree about that assessment earlier about comparing universes. In particularly EVA. It appears they are their OWN pocket universe. Seriously all of creation gets turned to LCL at some angsty 15yo virgin's frustrated whim?

(in Kosh voice): "Oh HELL no!" :D

As much as I'd love to root for myself or my other Japanese cousins (with the exception POSSIBLY of Shin Getter?) IDEON would totally wipe the floor with me, Getter (any), Mazinkaizer, Grendizer, and the mecha you already listed..

But that's a personal opinion.

Actually, let me re-think that. Maybe NOT shin Getter himself, but COMBINED with SHIN DRAGON they MIGHT have a fighting chance. :D

TeknomanPrime

Post by TeknomanPrime » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:34 pm

in my opinion, Dis-Astranagant would be the Master of the whole multiverse.It has Des-Lev that feeds on souls and has the ability to travel time and worlds.He power can reverse Big Bang Theory or makes you into nothing.

TeknomanPrime

Post by TeknomanPrime » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:36 pm

this is the name of his last attack.

Ain Soph Aur
The Dis Astranagant's ultimate attack. The Astranagant opens its chest to reveal the Infinity Cylinder weapon. Cobray mutters the term "Tetractys Grammaton" and summons the power Ingram had. Dis Astranagant then launches a full power beam using the power of Dis Lev that entraps the opponent in irregular area of the space-time continuum and then completely erase them from existence. One could say the attack is even allowing time to flow backwards, causing the opponent to be erased from existence, as stated in Cobray's quote, "Now return to nothingness, in the midst of this infinite light!". The words Ain Soph Aur means "Infinite light" in Hebrew, taken from the Kabbalah, where it is used to describe the creation of the universe. It is commonly taken to be an ancient mystical idea of the Big Bang

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue May 06, 2008 9:39 pm

Okay then, while we're at it, why don't we just add the XenoGears to that list. It was only created to destroy God...thats all.
Shinei!