Dangaioh

Mazinger, Raideen, Getter Robo and so many others

Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Dangaioh

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:12 am

Dangaioh is one of my favorite Anime OAV's of all time. It boasts some GREAT designs from Shoji Kawamori as well as Koichi Ohata and Masami Obari. Some of the coolest designs ever, in my opinion...
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:57 am

I wish I could find one or two good art books for Dangaioh. It's nice to have all the mecha designs in one place.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:28 am

I have a Toshihiro Hirano artbook and a good amount of the pics are from Dangaioh. There are a few good shots of Dangaioh itself and a few of other mecha from the series as well, but mostly its character pics...
Shinei!

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:59 pm

I am inching on getting the Masami Obari artbook,which does feature various artworks he did for a good number of mecha themed OAVs,including Dangaioh,Iczer-1,and Demon of Steel(all 3 series he worked with Toshihiro Hirano)

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:29 am

I have Dangaioh, but I don't really like some of the characters. Strangely enough I do like the costumes because though the girl's are a bit skimpy, it's still not bulky and would make piloting difficult. I love the mecha designs, especially the Bloody II and the Gilgear.

I really would like to see how the Gilgear was put together, can you recommend an artbook that has that information?

S

Newton

Dangaioh Art

Post by Newton » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:25 am

Hey...

The closest thing I've found is a small-format artbook (more like a mook) for Dangaioh. It covers all 3 episodes, plus has some grafitti-style pieces in it. One of them, by Mr. Ohata, is a biomech version of Izam II - way cool!

-Newt