Getter Robo

Mazinger, Raideen, Getter Robo and so many others

Moderator: kosh

Uchiha Itachi

Getter Robo

Post by Uchiha Itachi » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:50 pm

I like Getter Robo. Who likes it as well? I'm looking for the torrents of Getter Robo 2-3. Can somebody help me out here?

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:00 pm

I grew up on the Original series when it was part of the Force Five Block as Star Vengers. But I don't know where you could get episodes of movies from unfortunately. If I did I would definately grab them myself ;)
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:09 pm

Me, I loooooved Getter Robo.

To clarify, I only ever saw the "Force Five Shogun Warriors" movie of Getter Robo G... But it knocked my socks off back then. I was always impressed with the mecha designs, too. Getter Dragon's head is just so unique!

Then, many many years later I saw Shin Getter Robo. And WOW... loved it SO much! Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo was fun too, and a welcome remake of Getter Robo Go (which I hear was pretty bad).

I havent seen the newest Shin Getter Robo series yet, but I do enjoy the Getter Robo Arc manga that ran in Super Robot Magazine...

Star Dragon

Hello

Post by Star Dragon » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:52 pm

First post and so very happy to have stumbled onto this forum!!! (people here might actually recognise my screen name's origin?)

Anyway I was born in '70 so grew up on Gatchaman (G-force), Harlock, StarBlazers, (and cringe) speed racer.

But above all my favorites were the "Force Five" package blocks where each day at 3:30 after school a different show would run (Starvengers/ Grendizer/ Danguard Ace/ Gaiking/and Spaceketters[the only show of the 5 I rather disliked]).

As a result I have tried to incorporate "Super Robots" as my passion and hobby. Especially due to Japan's reluctance to share their best material with teh "west" I have taken it upon myself to denounce and eclipse the so called "Super Deformation" monstrousities that try to make my beloved shows *cute*...

If I don't have blood, violence, and occasional profanity I am NOT a happy camper! ;)

Here's to hoping I finally found my SUPER ROBOT NIRVANA!

If acceptable, I will be posting links to my Crossover fanfiction and my PC gaing mods in the Appropriate sections. I am optimistic I will find some individuals that will be interested in expanding these various projects I've been dreaming about for over 25 years.

From my PC mods and fanfiction this is my incarnation:
("I'm Getter Robo GX - and I approved of this message!")

*Please note this is a WIP and no real indication of what the final result will be, it's only a temp for testing. ;)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:06 pm

Welcome to Gears Online. I too am a fan of super robots but unable to find many translations of the 70's/80's shows.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Star Dragon

translations

Post by Star Dragon » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:23 pm

I was extremely lucky in the early 90's.

Try cruising video rental places (childrens section) and see if they carry any of the old F.H.E. (family Home Entertainment) versions of the Force Five shows. I managed to talk a few stores back then into selling them to me (they didn't rent well apparently, SCORE!)

OF course these are in English BUT are the heavily edited versions (swears removed, excessive scenes cut, and many episodes missing to link the main stories into a 2 hour movies)

(BTW I tried to edit my earlier post to remove unnoticed typos). Am I blind in regards to the edit/modify post button? :D

And TY for the welcome!

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:13 pm

I totally love Getter Robo. ("Gettaaaaaaaaa BEAM!!!") I've tried to figure out how many different Getters there are out there, and all their names. It ain't easy. I mean, for one thing, I don't remember the names of ANY of the Getter Machines. Still...

There's the original Getter Robo, composed of the three Getter Machines, which can combine into Getter 1, Getter 2, or Getter 3. We got an awesome revisit/redo of this original in "Getter Robo: Armageddon," or whatever its being called by its current US owner.

Then there's Getter Robo G, composed of its three Getter Machines, which can combine into the Getter Dragon, Getter Liger, and Getter Poseidon. We saw new takes on it in "GRmageddon" as well.

There's Getter Robo Go, which didn't get a lot of fan love. I forget the names of its three combined forms.

Of course there's the Shin Getter Robo, with its three Getter Machines, and its ability to combine into the Shin Getter 1, Shin Getter 2, and Shin Getter 3.

The Black Getter appeared in GRmageddon. It was schweeeeeet! As far as I could tell, it was a Getter Robo that could only form a Getter 1, although it was made up of three Getter Machines.

The "Shin Getter Robo G," I guess it'd be called, showed up in the end of GRmageddon as a super-powerful update of the Getter Robo G, with its Shin Dragon, Shin Liger, and Shin Poseidon.

Getter Robo Go was revisted and heavily remade as the Neo Getter Robo (for "Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo"). I forget the names of its combined forms as well.

Getter Robo Zan was a female-style Getter Robo that showed up in some video games. Again, I don't remember the names of any of the combined forms nor its Getter Machines.

Getter Robo Arch, from the recent manga, was once heck of a scary-looking Getter! Again, the names of the combinations and components escape me.

I seem to remember one or two other Getter Robos showing up in GR Arch, but I can't remember a thing about them.

Getter Valhalla!!!! At the end of GRmageddon we see an entire fleet of Getter Robos, Getter ships, and all sorts of Getter THINGS. I mean, dayum!

I'm sure there's something I'm overlooking completely.

Anyway, this was all off the top of my head. I know I could find out the full names and everything if I did some websearching, but I wanted to keep this "pure". Does anyone else have the ability to fill in the gaps?

Grebo
"Civilize the mind, make savage the body." - M.T.T.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 am

Arc's transformation are Getter Riku and Getter Gan. Excluding those nameless Getter grunts, Takuma pilot a Getter Dragon's derived call either D2 or D5 (can't remember). And there is the Getter Saurus.

Getter Go's form named after its main pilot. Getter Go, Getter Sho and Getter Gai. I didn't watch anime, but Getter Robo Daiketsen video game also feature upgrade call Super Getter Go, equipped with additional armor and sword tomahawk (which, IIRC, used by Getter Go even before its upgrade in manga).

Neo Getter Robo's form is simply Neo Getter 1, Neo Getter 2 and Neo Getter 3.

Another Black Getter appear in Getter Robo Daiketsen video game. Unlike Armageddon's version, this Black Getter also armed with drill arm and hand cannon. This game also feature Mass Production Type Getter 1, 2 and 3 as three seperate machine.

The Getter Zan, also from this game, piloted by team of kunoichi, has form call Getta Rekka, Getta Shiten and Getta Kongou.

And finally, we have the Getter Emperor which crush the planet in its gattai process. And it appear to have other form as well.
Justice will never lose!

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:46 am

Cool, thanks for the supplemental info, Kuruni. Truly, you are a mighty font of mecha knowledge. So it looks like the final tally, as it is were, is:

Getter 1
Getter 2
Getter 3

Getter Dragon
Getter Liger
Getter Poseidon

Getter Go
Getter Sho
Getter Gai
Super Getter Go

Shin Getter 1
Shin Getter 2
Shin Getter 3

Black Getter

Shin Dragon
Shin Liger
Shin Poseidon

Neo Getter 1
Neo Getter 2
Neo Getter 3

Black Getter (from Daiketsen)

Mass Production Type Getter 1
Mass Production Type Getter 2
Mass Production Type Getter 3

Getter Rekka
Getter Shiten
Getter Kongou

Getter Arch
Getter Riku
Getter Gan

nameless Getter grunts

Getter Saurus

Getter Emperor

Does anyone have any others? I'm tempted to include Aquarion, simply because its combination uses exactly the same principle as Getter Robo. The same can be said, basically, of the Varion formations from Super Robot Wars -- Saber Varion, Ace Varion, and Max Varion. Really, the idea of a hero mecha which has a Speed mode, a Power mode, and a Balanced mode is pretty darn cool, not to mention nigh-almighty for both tactical and strategic purposes...

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:36 am

Counting tribute/rip-off Gekiganger-3 pop into mind instantly :D . The first has three form Gekiganger-3, Umiganger and Rikuganger. While upgrade forms are Gekiganger-V, Speedganger and Powerganger. Martian Sucessor Nadesico also show an "abandoned" design call Dragonganger.

There is also PS1's shooting game call '70s Robot Anime Geppy-X (Japanese only) which is Getter's parody/tribute http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/data/575325.html. The creator going far enough to hire Kamiya Akira to voice Kei, Ryouma's counterpart in this game (they also has Shuichi Ikeda voice the blond mask villain, Gundam parody :wink: ). The Geppy-X, form by three X machines, can swap to Geppy-X1, Geppy-X2 and Geppy-X3.

At the end of disc 2 (the game has 4 disc), one of Geppy-X's pilot sacrifice himself (decide by player action, take it as the end of Getter Robo :P ). On disc three, new female character take his seat (depend on the lost member, there are three girls). The Geppy-X defeated by powerful alien robot and upgrade to Geppy-XX, can swap to Geppy-Fire, Geppy-Thunder and Geppy-Tornado. Well, this game also feature Wild John, Geppy-X's rival cowboy robot from America and Atlanger, Grendizer-like mech. Any classic robot lover sure get nolstagic with this game...
Justice will never lose!

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:43 am

Justice will never lose!

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:58 am

Wow! That Geppy-X really IS an ultra-Getter homage.

Reminds me also of the robot from Kikaioh (called Tech Romancer in America), which had a 2-vehicle multi-combiner, a sort of junior Getter... I forget its name.

And how could I have forgotten Gekiganger 3?!?

happy hopping

Re: Getter Robo

Post by happy hopping » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:47 am

does any1 has the DVD of these series for trade?
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:16 am

what's the difference btwn. Gaiking vs. Force 5 Ver. of Gaiking?

I went to this site,

http://www.gaikingreview.it/en/lodm/mecha.html

and as most of us know, GaiKing has 44 episodes, I compares the episodes name list to the 26 episode of Force 5, and they are totally different.

The following is Force 5 ver. of GaiKing:
DVD 1

Episode 1: Aries Joins the Team
Episode 2: Right Down the Middle
Episode 3: The Dark Horror Corps Strikes
Episode 4: The Last Continent

DVD 2

Episode 5: Jaws of Darius
Episode 6: Mystery of the Nasuka
Episode 7: Great Balls of Fire

DVD 3

Episode 8: Pendant for Nebula
Episode 9: The Devil of the Desert Part I
Episode 10: The Devil of the Desert Part II

DVD 4

Episode 11: The Coach Comes Back
Episode 12: The Threat from Beneath the Sea
Episode 13: Golden Threads and Super Concrete

DVD 5

Episode 14: The Underground Kingdom
Episode 15: Encounter on the Moon
Episode 16: Guardians of Easter Island

DVD 6

Episode 17: From the Frozen Past
Episode 18: An Android with a Heart
Episode 19: The Last Dinosaur

DVD 7

Episode 20: The Flying Dutchman
Episode 21: The Magic Necklace
Episode 22: Locked Horns in Deep Space

DVD 8

Episode 23: Aries in Lilliput
Episode 24: The Lochness Mystery
Episode 25: The End of Zela
Episode 26: The Battle for Earth
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

yanfeng

Post by yanfeng » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:58 am

If I don't have blood, violence, and occasional profanity I am NOT a happy camper! I agree.