Hades Project Zeorymer

Mazinger, Raideen, Getter Robo and so many others

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hades Project Zeorymer

Post by Tachyon » Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:04 am

On August 12th the 2nd of 2 DVD's will be out for Hades Project Zeorymer. I've ordered mine. Don't miss out!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:02 pm

I happen to have a tonload of "Zeorymer" memorablia...The B-Club Special,both DVDs,and both of Michitaka Kikuchi's artbooks (Next Generation and Zwei,which includes Zeorymer artwork and designs)and I have the soundtrack.You be suprised what a little dedication can get ya ^_~

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:21 pm

That's a good collection. Is the soundtrack good?

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:54 pm

It's one of the few very good anime soundtracks worth getting.Many of the tracks have this lumbering Godzilla feel to it,but there are some very emotional tracks,one being Yuratei's theme,when she's not playing the role as the next "Mei-Oh no Yusha".I reccommend you find it somewhere.Plus,I'd die if there was a full artbook filled with illustrations sole by Zeorymer's mechanical designer Yasuhiro Moriki.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:56 pm

What else did Moriki do? I only have his Hathaway's Flash designs and Zeorymer designs.

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:14 pm

Moriki is responsible for several designs actualy.He worked as a designer for the Vampire Princess Miyu OAVs(funny thing was Toshihiro Hirano,Zeorymer's director did Miyu a year before Zeorymer.)He also worked on Silent Mobius the movies,and the TV series,designing alot of the setting and the Lucifer Hawks.He worked on Iczer-3 and Iczelion as a mechnaical designer(Plus he worked on again with Hirano on the Legend of Iczer,and Golden Warrior Iczer-1 manga),he also was a designer on the OAV D-1 Devestator,Magic Knight Rayearth,and most recently the Sakura Wars movie.He's got alot under his belt.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:36 pm

Has anyone ever seen an art book for Iczelion? I remember seeing the first episode of the OAV series a while back but I never got to see more.

As for Moriki, can you help me get a photo of the guy and some biographical information? It sure would be nice to add him to the Designers Page.

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:53 pm

Unless you count that very rare Icezlion Storyboard Doujinshi,which happens to have the basics of the OAV,I'd reccomend you try Toshihiro Hirano's second artbook "Character Paradise." It's got some of Moriki's designs.

Info wise,Yasuhiro Moriki was born on September 25th,1963,and his debut work was on the TV show Ninja Senshi Tobikage,doing box art,etc.His animation works include working as a designer for Fight! Iczer-1,Hagane No Oni(Demon Of Steel),Vampire Princess Miyu,Hades Project Zeorymer,Adventure! Iczer-3,The Silent Mobius Movies and Televison Series,D-1 Devestator, Orguss 02,Earthian,and Magic Knight Rayearth.

Manga wise,he's worked alongside Toshihiro Hirano to do works such as Golden Warrior Iczer-1,Legend of Iczer,Godzilla 1990, and Doll.

Video Game work,he's worked on the Super Nintendo game, Xardion and recently the Sakura Taisen games.

That's pretty much what comes to mind with him. :|

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:55 pm

Great! Thanks! If you ever run across a photo of him, let me know. I can get the kanji characters for his name from one of my art books.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:37 am

looks really good, I might pick both discs up next month if I can afford it
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:28 am

Anyone know anything about Tobikage? I know it was done by Toshihiro Hirano back in the day but I've heard nothing else about it. I'm a big Hirano fan (Dangaio and Iczer are some of my all time favs) and I would like to see everything he's done at least once.
Shinei!

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:56 am

From what I recall...Ninja Senshi Tobikage was one of Hirano's earlier works...aswell as Yasuhiro Moriki and Koichi Ohata's,and it involved space bound ninja warriors and a main character who suspicously looks like Shougo Yahagi from Megazone 23.

I myself am a big Hirano fan....shame he hasn't done something around the same lines as Dangaioh or Iczer-1 since,well....the Rayearth OAV.
(I loathed the Dangaioh sequel.Sure it maye have had Toshihiro Hirano's name under it,but it wasn't the same....)