What's on the menu

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

What's on the menu

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:41 pm

I'm the only GEARS Online staff member right now so I don't need to consult with anyone for what's up ahead.

As I've been packing for the move to Montana and separating out the materials to scan for the Z plus pages of the Sentinel site, I've been noticing a lot of good material for Super Robot Wars. SRW is a series of console video games. I haven't done any research yet so I don't know which consoles. The game started out using robots from established TV series and movies but they started creating new designs as the games gained popularity. There are now lots of great designs. Color illustrations and models are plentiful these days. Dengeki Hobby magazine runs a few pages every month showcasing new designs.

A section on this site for SRW would be cool but a lot of work. There are a large number of mecha designs and character images to prepare. The designs are similar in nature to Gundam so I think they would strike a chord with that group of fans.

PROPOSED SCHEDULE:
After completing the Gundam Sentinel pages I plan to do something for Ideon and Bubblegum Crisis. Once that's out of the way I'll debate whether or not to do Biobooster Armor Guyver or Super Robot Wars. SRW will probably win out as the images would need less cleaning up and there are some 2-page spreads that would be slam dunks for wallpaper images. I'll probably also slap up some line art designs from Vandread. Nadesico would be cool but that's more out in the future.

I was talking a while back about Cyber Formula but there are lots of line art images, few color images and I don't think there are many fans out there.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:35 pm

I drive out to Montana tomorrow to start a 4 month stint there. I have information and an image of the kanji for the name of Moriki Yasuhiro. I'll add his info to the Designers page soon. Does anyone have a photo of him?

Thanks to Mechanical Specimen for the info!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.