July 2012 Happenings

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

July 2012 Happenings

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Yesterday I started the black & white scanning for Dirty Pair. It's going to take me a while before I finish. I was pleased to be able to create a logo graphic for Dirty Pair.

This message board is under attack by spammers in Poland and Russia. I'm doing what I can to close off IP addresses but they just keep coming. Spamming is a major industry in eastern Europe.

I rented Kawamori's mecha TV show Aquarion. I'm really disappointed with how bad it is. I hope this isn't an indication of the state of mecha anime.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

levrin

Re: July 2012 Happenings

Post by levrin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:29 am

Aquarion really is sort of bad, but it apparently made enough money to warrant a sequel. I understand Aquarion EVOL turned out to be completely nonsensical in the end, though.

It's hard to be impressed with the state of mecha anime in an environment where Gundam SEED of all things gets HD remasters. Altogether too much daytime soap opera in that show.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:47 pm

I discovered today that Dark Horse translated 2 of Takachiho Haruka's Dirty Pair books. I ordered them to help inform my Dirty Pair section.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:08 am

All scans for the Dirty Pair section have been cleaned up. The character pages are complete. I'll work on the color images gallery next and then sit down and figure out how to organize the ships page. All those ship designs...

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:48 pm

http://www.gearsonline.net/series/dirtypair/

The Dirty Pair section is complete.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:21 am

I've been quiet lately but not totally inactive. I've discovered wine coolers so my productivity's down. However, now that the Dirty Pair section is done I'm working on revising the Email system for Gears Online. I was using an old JavaScript script to obscure Email addresses but it wasn't working that well. Now I'm in the middle of writing a PHP script that will work through a Web page and do a much better job.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 am

The Email script is working. I still have to make it secure but after that I'll make it public.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 pm

The Email script is secure and the JQuery validation is half done. I'm not aware of any issues with Gears Online demanding my attention. I'm going to turn my attention this weekend to a PHP project for a friend. If there are any Gears Online tasks left undone please let me know. I still have 2 weeks before my wife and boys return home.