Update to Sentinel Pages

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:21 pm

Hehe....dont over-do youself man....go slow. All the contents are already good as it is :D

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:38 am

I've been really busy but I have finished the 2-page spread image of the Z plus Humming Bird. Here's a preview of what's to come when I finish the rest of the images.

preview

Now to remove the white grid lines on the other one. Wish me luck!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:27 pm

In the words of the immortal Ric Flair"WOOOOOOOO!"That's the best Z Plus Hummingbird I've seen anywhere on-line,I've seen that version designated as the A1 Hummingbird and the blue version designated C1 Hummingbird,I don't know if that's the official designations but the red colar scheme marks that one as the "Amuro Ray" type and his Z Plus was an A1 but listed as MSK-006A1 Z Plus A1.

Can't wait to see the rest Tachyon,you made my day. :D
Do you understand?

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:59 am

w00t! Its beautiful.

Altron

Post by Altron » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:36 am

Only one word can express its greatness...Wow.
*Sets as bg and saves*

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:38 am

preview2
preview3

Here are 2 more preview pictures for the Humming Bird. I'll try to bag the rest this week. Those white grid lines were awful but now that that's out of the way the rest should go smoothly. You'll notice the "preview2" image is quite similar to the first Humming Bird image I posted. I think it's worth seeing, though as the inside of the shoulder booster shows greater detail. Preview3 is the only image of the Humming Bird that existed for years. It was shown in Gundam Wars III.

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:25 am

Preview 3 solves a mystery.It looks like the Hummingbird can fly in an atmosphere,because in that image it's either acsending to orbit or desending to the earth.More great images Tachyon,GOL jost keeps getting better,soon enough you'll have the premier Sentinel site on the web.
Do you understand?

Altron

Post by Altron » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:13 pm

Wouldn't the humming bird use alot of fuel? I mean, first of all, it looks as if the feet dont touch the ground. Thrusters let it hover at its desired height. Second, in its atmospheric entry form, that might take some fuel to reach escape velocity.....

Just wondering.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:34 am

Sorry we can't answer your questions. Not much is known about the Z plus Humming Bird (at least in English speaking circles). I'm hoping the volunteer translator can get through the pages I mailed him.

After I saw the pictures in Character Model Magazine I assumed it was for space only but the model photo from Gundam Wars III does show it flying among the clouds.

The Gundam Watch message board would be a good place to gather info but I'm stretched too thin this week to start any queries there.

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:30 am

To my interpretation the Hummingbird is the Z Plus version of the MSA-0011 S Gundam-Bst. type;ie.a special mission set-up.It truthfully doesn't have feet,the lower legs and feet were replaced by the boosters,remember the modular nature of the Sentinel designs,the MS in sentinel were treated like multi-role fighters are today;ie.mission packs allow it to perform several different roles depending on which configuration is chosen and emplemented.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:13 am

preview4
preview5

There's 2 more. Just 2 more images and the color ones will be done. I wish I could push these out faster...

Anyways, enjoy!

kosh

Post by kosh » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:30 am

Looks good Tachyon,can't wait to see 'em all.BTW,if you want to use any of my modified line art Z Plus Zetas to flesh out the section feel free,I don't consider them exclusively mine because I simply modified Katokis' line art to make them.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:51 am

preview6
preview7

Now for the line art images.

Altron

Post by Altron » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:43 pm

what're the things in between the blue humming birds? They arent there in the orange humming birds....

some1 tell me.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:55 pm

If your talking about the things in between the legs,those are extended range fuel tanks(Drop Tanks).They allow for very long duration cruising or very high speed intercept misssions.The "red" hummingbird images just didn't show them.
Do you understand?