Update to Sentinel Pages

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:09 pm

Yeah, it's been too long since I updated the site. I got some time this weekend and popped up the S Gundam Booster. I couldn't find any images newer than the Gundam Wars III book. When I do the S Gundam and Ex-S Gundam pages I'll have some updated Katoki images to share.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:13 pm

Good stuff Tachyon.By the way,where did you find updated images of the S and Ex-S Gundams by Katoki?
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:11 pm

Dengeki Hobby and Hobby Japan. There's probably some in the new Katoki art book but Hobby Link Japan is way backordered. I asked Otaku.com to get me one but they've been quiet. I guess they can't track one down.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:34 am

I've cleaned up and organized all the S Gundam and Ex-S Gundam images save one. There's a 2 page spread color image of the G Cruiser taken apart to show its components. I'm going to see if I can knit it together decently tomorrow.

After that I guess the FAZZ is the next one to receive the treatment. I was pleased to dig up 2 or 3 color images of the FAZZ.

kosh

Post by kosh » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:39 am

The FA-10A FAZZ is a good design,although much maligned.What I'd like to find is a good line art of the FA-10B,there are many references to it but no really good line art for it.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:20 pm

The last picture, the G Cruiser blow-apart image, is looking good. I need to translate some component names and resize images for the Web. I should have something this weekend.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:37 pm

The S Gundam and Ex-S Gundam pages have been added. Let me know what you think.

Just a few more and the mobile suits page will be complete!

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:34 am

My,my,my..........(wipes a line of drool from corner of mouth)you've been busy Tachyon and it's well worth the wait.Although I have to ask,how long has it been since your wife has seen you? :D Seriously great stuff though,I love it.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:11 am

I added the FAZZ to the Sentinel pages. No, there's no model photos but I didn't feel any were needed as there are color illustrations.

Next up is the Z plus listings and the humming bird. It may take some time as I'm moving this week. No promises on when the next update will be.

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:32 am

MMMMMMM.........FAAAZZZZ. :D The new images look great Tachyon,the FAZZ has such a convoluted history it's sometimes difficult to track,but it's a favorite of mine.

Good luck with your move.You said for about four months,I take it your job is the culprit.Montana is pretty country though,you'll enjoy yourself.Till next time.....Have a GREAT day........sorry,telemarketer in me coming out.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:16 am

I'm taking a leave from my job to work with a nonprofit group. I'll be doing some Internet programming so it should be a lot more interesting than my usual job.

It will be rough being away from my book shelves but I'll take some material to scan. Once the Sentinel pages are done I'm going to take a rest from Gundam.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:53 am

I updated text information on the FAZZ and Ex-S Gundam pages today. I've learned a number of things this week about Gundam Sentinel. I've started linking to the Bandai's official Gundam Web site for explanations of technical terms in Gundam. It's easier than typing out the information myself (and then trying to figure out where to put it).

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:07 pm

2 new images added to the Barzam page. One is in color. Enjoy!

Added a semi-color image to the Deep Striker page. Added 2 to the Xeku Eins page under "Version 2.0?" They aren't color images but you can't have everything. Added 2 to the Xeku Zwei page.

This week I'll be going through the process of reviewing, scanning and cleaning up Z plus Humming Bird images. I have no idea when I'll be done with all of them.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:00 pm

The new images are great Tachyon,you find the rare ones,I've never seen any of these before.I'm going to enjoy seeing what you found for the Hummingbird,it's another little covered design on the web.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:13 pm

I reviewed the color illustrations yesterday of the humming bird. One has white grid lines I need to remove and one is a 2-page spread. That will take a few days. The Gundam Wars III book only has one image of the humming bird and it's a model photo in wave rider form.

My head is already spinning from the thought of the Z plus work. I have a stack of clippings from hobby magazines showing Z plus images and the Gundam Wars III book has many pages to scan. Many of the pictures are identical images and I have to select the largest/cleanest one. I'm glad Dengeki Hobby ran a feature on Z plus models. There aren't many images of the C4 and D.