Workin' Away

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

kosh

Post by kosh » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:28 am

Nice images of the EWAC Nero,Tachyon.Good to see the Nero getting good coverage,also check out the link I'm posting in the links section tonight,I think you'll find it interesting.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:36 pm

The Nero and Nero Trainer Type are done in the Gundam Sentinel section. Now I'll either get serious and do the Z plus Humming Bird or goof off and scan the MS Girls for Sentinel. Decisions, decisions...
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:13 am

Great Neros Tachyon, :D I especially like the trainer variation with the beam cannon,never even heard of that one before.As far as the next scan goes either the HummingBird or the MS Girls are a winner.As soon as I get on my computer I've got some new gundam links to post tonight,see ya then.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:08 am

Recent hobby magazines lead me to believe the new Katoki book has Humming Bird material so I'm going to wait for it to arrive in a few days. For now, I'll do the "word from our sponsor" and some MS Girls.

I ordered some artbooks today that will help with future new sections.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:30 pm

My Katoki art book is back ordered. I've got Gundam Mk. V images scanned and after a little more clean up I'll have that posted on the mobile suits page.

In other news, I'm going to scan some Bio Booster Armor Guyver pictures to help a friend's Web site. Those images will also serve as the groundwork for a Guyver section here at GEARS Online. I'll be focusing on the biological weapons from the manga and not the animation or live action movies.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:18 pm

I've finished cleaning up 4 color illustrations for the upcoming FAZZ page. I need to scan and clean up a few more line art images before that page is ready.

In other news, it looks like I'm packing it up in a week and moving to Lakeside, MT for 4 months. I'll take a few reference books and some materials for scanning so this site shouldn't come to a grinding halt.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:58 pm

I'm working through a bunch of Z plus A1 illustrations this weekend. There are so many that I'm going to try combining some.

I found a great series of model photos depicting the A1 transformation sequence. I should have the model photos scanned soon.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:47 am

I'm surprised to find there are a lot more illustrations and model photos available for the Z plus A1 then there are for the C1. The C1 was featured in the Sentinel novel a lot more than the A1.

Anyways, I should have enough images to make the page worth looking at.

kosh

Post by kosh » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:22 pm

The A1 was used as the basis for more variations than the C1.The A1B,BN,B,D and probably the mysterious E and R were all based on the A1 design and for some reason that makes it a more popular subject for images.The C1 spawned only the C1/2 and the C4 making it,for the same reason less popular,chalk it up to human nature I guess.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:16 pm

I have completed translation and clean up on the 2nd of 2 maps of the Earth Sphere showing where events in Gundam Sentinel take place.

The only tough part of the translation was "ansho chu iki" which, as best I can tell, is "unseen rocks space zone." I just called it "hazard zone" and hope no one will complain.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:33 am

I've decided to do the ships list page. Can anyone think of an appropriate title for the top of the page? Hopefully I'll have it up tomorrow and that will complete the Gundam Sentinel section.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:35 pm

A title for the ship list page........How about "Order of Battle","Battle Line" or "Naval Review".
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:04 am

Work has commenced on the Ideon section. The images are all done and cleaned up. I just need to edit some text and lay out the pages.

Some of you may recognize images from Knowlton's World. I submitted a lot of the those images to the site and Knowlton and I share a lot of material. I have a few new images, though.

If anyone has any good images or information on Ideon, please let me know.