Hathaway's Flash is on its way

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hathaway's Flash is on its way

Post by Tachyon » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:15 pm

I finished cleaning up the scans for Hathaway's Flash. There are only 4 mobile suits so it won't be a big section. I think they're interesting designs. Hopefully you'll all agree.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Hathaways Flash

Post by kosh » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:18 pm

There may only be four suits in Hathaways Flash,but they were all great designs.The Xi Gundam,Hathaways suit,was a very stately design,befitting Bright Noas' son(irregardless of the fact he turned into a little punk a@%) and the Penelope(or Penerope)was just a fantastic design,the suit transformed into a mechanical dragon,you can't get much cooler than that.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:39 pm

I got slowed down a little. I tend to be a detail freak. I now have 29 images all prepared as gif's and jpg's. I tore some pages out of my novels to get the original mobile suit designs and I scanned 2 images out of an old Hobby Japan to show the Xi Gundam more completely.

I took a brief look around the Web and found that many sites do have images from the novels but they are rather small and don't look like they've been cleaned up very well.

I wish I could read the novels. I'd like to see how Hathaway shaped up. I didn't like him much after I finished watching Char's Counterattack. He killed Chen just because he was pissed off! I'll admit he was distraught at losing Quess but hey, he killed someone who was nice to him and was on his own side (his father's side, at least). And it was a combat situation. Quess was killing Lond Bell troops left and right before Chen stepped in.

It makes me wonder what happened afterwards. Did Hathaway have the guts to fess up to what he did? Hathaway's lucky Amuro passed away in the same engagement.

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:46 pm

Basicaly,after Hathaway Matured,at least physically,he continued to blame the Federation and all adults in general for Quess being killed.He joined Mafty to try and bring down the federation,but was shot down and summarily executed as a traitor.A very unhappy ending for a very unhappy,angry young man.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:44 am

Thanks for the story information. A sad story but no doubt an interesting one.

The Hathaway's Flash section is now complete and online. You should be able to find it by clicking on "Gundam" from the main page. If you have any trouble or see any broken links, please let me know. I'm interested to hear people's reactions to the designs of this Gundam side story.

I know very little about the individual machines. If anyone has more information please let me know.

kosh

Post by kosh » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:49 am

Absolutely fantastic line art Tachyon. :D Your Hathaways Flash images smack all the others around with ease,particularly the Messer.Do you know if the Messer and the Karl-Gustav were suppose to be mass production types or limited production RX equivelants?
If this is an example of the quality of line art your going to put up here,then I can't wait for the Gundam Sentinel section to get started.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:59 am

The 4 pages for the mobile suits have been updated with information on armaments. I also found some trivia on where the Messer and the Gustav names come from.