Still At Work Scanning

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Still At Work Scanning

Post by Tachyon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:21 pm

I've done all but 4 SRW mechs in terms of scanning. It took me longer than I expected because of all the different separated books I had to sift through. Thanks to Kuruni for sending in 4 more SRW mech profiles.

I should start Gall Force scanning today or tomorrow and right after that I'll scan the Mospeada line art I have in 2 different books. I'm trying to get a lot of things scanned before March 21st when my family returns.

Wish me luck today! Contractors are replacing every window in my house. I'll finally be able to set up my computer room the way I want!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:51 pm

Finished all the SRW mechs and started sifting Gall Force materials last night for color illustrations.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:53 am

Still scanning for Eternal Story. It's impressive how much line art there is. So many uniforms, mechs and pieces of equipment that only took a few seconds on screen are all here. Enough mechanical designs were made for Eternal Story to easily last 3 or 4 movies.

It will be fun when we're all viewing it online together but for now it's an awful lot of work. :?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:50 pm

Cleaned up 21 SRW line art images this morning and scanned all the color images that will be put in the Eternal Story gallery page. I need to repair seams on a Gall Force fold out poster but other than that they're all done.

Tonight I'll scan a few remaining small color images and then start scanning Eternal Story line art. One of my Eternal Story art books has some colored versions of mecha line art but the colors are pretty goofy and not at all like they appear in the anime. I may skip some of those.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:28 pm

Cleaned up 19 more SRW line art images and scanned all Eternal Story color images. The work list I created to guide my line art scanning has some odd names. It looks like the red and white power armors that descend on Chaos towards the end of the movie are called "plunders". The fighter that Lufy flies at the beginning of the movie is called a "branch". Am I wrong on these?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:25 pm

Cleaned up 23 more SRW line art images (R1, R2 and R3) and scanned all Solnoid line art images. Today my mission is to finish Paranoid line art scanning.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:17 am

All Eternal Story images have been scanned. I consider it a point of pride to be able to offer mecha fans 16 images of the Paranoid Battle Drone. Well, 17 if I can clean up the color image.

Next up I'll scan the Gall Force 2 and 3 color images. There aren't that many so it won't take long. Line art for parts 2 and 3 will also be a breeze because there are only 2 books to draw from - very little sifting. The Complete File books totally rawk so this should be fun.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:42 pm

Cleaned up 10 SRW line art images (SRX) and scanned all Gall Force 2 and 3 color images. I made work lists for Gall Force 2 and 3 so I can sit down to scanning after work today.

I don't really know why, but I scanned the available images of Catty as a 20th century pop singer. Should I make a Catty shrine page? Anyone remember those cheesy Web pages people used to make to specific characters in anime?

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:53 pm

If you want to make a shrine to Catty, go right ahead, its your website. And since she's an android it would sort of fit the theme of the site, I mean technically she is mecha
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:02 pm

Finished all Gall Force 2 scanning and am in the middle of Gall Force 3 line art scanning. I'm hoping to start Earth Chapter color scanning soon.

I've started image clean up for Eternal Story. Just finished the battle drone this morning. It's annoying how many of the notes on line art images are too small to make out. Hand written kanji characters get impossible to read when they're small.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:38 am

Finished all Gall Force 3 scanning. Finished Earth Chapter color scanning. I've got a hefty work list for Earth Chapter line art. Hopefully I'll finish by Saturday so I can start scanning for Mospeada.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:39 pm

Finished all Earth Chapter scanning. So, all Gall Force scanning is done. Finished all Mospeada scanning, too. There's enough for a Mospeada section but it won't be anything spectacular. If anyone can help me find a Mospeada art book please let me know.

I'll scan Gundam Girls next and then take a look at Cruise Chaser Blassty materials.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:05 pm

Cleaned up 16 more Eternal Story images and scanned some line art for Starship Troopers, Madox-01 and Dirty Pair (spaceships). I'd like to finish up Gundam Girls, Knight of Gold line art and see if I can fit in Cruise Chaser Blassty scanning.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Cleaned up 21 Eternal Story images and scanned 14 Gundam Girls.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:02 pm

Scanned 23 more Gundam Girls. That finishes all the Gundam Girls scanning. Cleaned up 44 more Eternal Story line art images.

I'll be scanning Knight of Gold line art images next (ones that aren't already posted in the FSS pages). Then I'll separate pages from 7 issues of Hobby Japan Magazine from 1987 for Cruise Chaser Blassty images.