Gears Update

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gears Update

Post by Tachyon » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:07 pm

Sorry, everyone for not being active this past week. I've been catching up with my obligations. Fixing things in the house, marking off pages in 7 months' worth of hobby magazines and watching through DVD's that people loaned to me (without my asking :x )

Kosh has brokered a deal with Ninja Science to present material here at Gears Online for Gundam: Another Meaningless War. We will have images and as much information as we can puzzle out. If anyone can translate Japanese to English please speak up. Your skills are needed. Ninja Science will present the same material on his Web site. Please don't think that one of us is copying the other without permission.

Thanks to those who sent in SRW profiles and to Nu Soard for more FSS profiles.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:20 pm

I have cleaned up a stack of images for Crossbone Gundam. I need to clean up 2 more color images (X1 Skull Heart and X3). Recent hobby magazines have had new Crossbone illustrations that I thought I shouldn't ignore.

I have 12 Gall Force Starfront images that need clean up and more that need scanning.

Nu Soard has submitted more FSS character profiles for members of House Colus.

In other news, I found mold growing underneath my house. Hopefully I can get it fixed without having to move out for a few weeks. My wife and children are out of town so maybe they'll let me live with the noise and dust. We'll see.

Newton

Post by Newton » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:38 pm

Mold - eeewww! If it's the black kind, I'd consider leaving home 'til they're finished. Hell, even if it isn't - mold spores are nothing you want to breathe in, believe you me.

I have started my new school, and I'm grooving on that. I'm also locked in mortal combat with my studio; I've had enough of working in a trash-heap. Right now, I think it's time to stop for the day. This many years of accumulated gomi isn't going to get removed in one session. Oh well, on-weird and up-weird!!! :D

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:17 pm

Good to have you back, Newton. I'm working on your Gall Force Starfront images this week. Very nice scans!

The mold problem isn't that bad. It's coming from failed windows. I have to replace every window in my house. Expensive, but I don't have to move out. The window contractor better call me today...

I finished cleaning up the 10 Crossbone Gundam images. I'll try to post those up today or tomorrow.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:31 am

http://www.gearsonline.net/updates/

New images and information for the X1 and X3 in Crossbone Gundam. I'm too wasted to do anything else tonight but the Starfront image clean up continues.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:51 am

General update: After tonight's FSS update I unloaded some material that has been on my mind for some time. Once I scan images for and post the latest batch of FSS profiles I'll be back on the Gall Force Eternal Story work. I have an obligation to FSS fans that I took up a while back. I agreed to work diligently to keep the message board functioning and the FSS pages updated.

As I do minor translation work for Eternal Story I am continuing to clean up Destruction images. I'm about halfway through now. After all the Gall Force sections are done I've got plenty of material that is already scanned to bring out.

In other news, my wife and boys return to me in 2 days! Yay! Ever since Jan. 7th I've been missing them.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:21 am

GOD!!! You guys have been busy...

It's great to see Quo Vadis II stuff showing up here. After all, it's an obscure game by my fav designer, Kaz Fujita... I have a gamebook of it around somewhere, which may be of some use to the site.

Also great to see Galvion. I've only ever seen but one episode, but I have a fair amount of lineart from the show. I respect it as pretty much the only "it's all about transforming cars" show out there. D-1 Devastator entered the ring, sorta, and then burned out immediately.

On the announcement about "Meaningless War 0091", I'm psyched to see this great stuff hitting the net! I have a few dojins from that circle (well, circles). The main circle that produces this sweet stuff is "Dabasan's V.S. Daisan's ?!", although their work on these dojin are sometimes joint projects with "Souyu-Kotoda!" and "Dennou Heidan". Mecha design is, predominantly, by Uchiyama Fudiroh and Hawakawa Dai. In my modest collection I have:

* "Mobilesuit Gundam 0092: Under The Earthlight" volume #1+2, volume #5, and volume 2002 Summer

* "Meaningless War 0091: Mobile Suit Gundam Another Story" Episode II, Episode III, and a big unnamed volume.

* "DxD 01", which contains material for "Mobilesuit Gundam 0092: Under The Earthlight" and for Dabasan's V.S. Daisan's ?! original project, "R-Velion the Supertrooper".

I guess at some point I'll have to do some scans to fill in the gaps...

Grebo!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:18 am

I guess at some point I'll have to do some scans to fill in the gaps...
Sounds cool. It would be fun to see them.