Gears Online - Update and General Forecast

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gears Online - Update and General Forecast

Post by Tachyon » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:22 pm

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Feel free to comment.

I've read around 10 responses to the survey and people have 2 main complaints.
1) Message board isn't active enough
2) Site updates are too slow

I can't do much about the message board. Hopefully people will find things they want to talk about. The rate of updates is always a problem but, again, I can't do much about it. I have a 16 month old son who needs to be watched constantly and another who's 3. One person complained about how there's no pattern to updates. That's true but this is just a hobby site. To be perfectly honest, I'm just goofing around here and hoping someone will like it. If you want to see a method to my madness, consider this: I do small sections on my own but put off large sections unless I have someone to work with. One person complained about Galvion. Sorry!

In other news, advertisements continue to cover server costs each month so I've convinced my wife that Gears Online poses no threat to our household finances. It would be nice to raise advertising revenues and buy a stack of art books to scan but we'll see what the future brings.

THE FUTURE
I will be working on:
Gall Force
FSS Mortar Headd update
Mospeada
[anime] Starship Troopers
Cruise Chaser Blassty
Gundam Girls
Sky Girls
EDIT Kuruni's SRW submission

I will post a list of choices for a poll and let people suggest additions to the list. Then the poll will be posted for votes. That will decide which project comes after the list above.

Gundam Girls and Sky Girls shouldn't take long. I'm doing them to increase new visitors to Gears Online and bring up advertising revenues. Cruise Chaser Blassty is a sentimental favorite of mine and I can't put it off any longer.

That's what's up!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:31 pm

Ehh...just wonder if Sky Girls are something like this?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/ ... 6901-1.jpg
Justice will never lose!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:02 pm

Hi, Kuruni!

Sky Girls is this:
http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM55814

I've been seeing these illustrations in hobby magazines but those images are usually quite small and other images overlap them. They are clearly inspired by Gundam Girls.

Some people may feel concern that Sky Girls will take my time away from more interesting projects. Please rest assured that Sky Girls will not take me long once I undertake it. I will not sink much research into it. It will be no more than an image gallery. I'm only using one book to make the section.

Gundam Girls is the same way. There is no research, no translation. Just scan the images and pop them up. The reason I'm not doing it now is my wife asked me to do it after she leaves for India in January. She has no objection to Gundam Girls but she doesn't like it. She also doesn't want to try answering the questions that would come from my 3 year old if he saw the images lying around (she has a hard enough time handling questions on Ultraman monsters :P ).
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:10 pm

Wow...look so interesting.
Justice will never lose!