Crossbone Gundam, Anyone?

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Crossbone Gundam, Anyone?

Post by Tachyon » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:54 am

A member of this message board has submitted great scanned line art images from the 6 volume Crossbone Gundam manga. I'll reveal this person's name (or not) after the two of us have discussed what credit information to make public.

I'm going to take a break from the Sentinel pages to do a little clean up on the submitted scans. Also, I have Katoki's versions of the X1 and X2 Gundams to share with you. I have some great Japanese fan art from Crossbone Gundam but I'm afraid the artists will get angry with Gears Online if I display it.

Stay tuned for another great Gundam side story. And hey, submissions from site visitors are always welcome!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:52 am

I'm still working on cleaning up the line art images from the manga. In the meantime, here are 4 Katoki images.

preview1
preview2
preview3
preview4

I'm not sure I'm satisfied with these images. I may shrink them a bit and lighten them.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:02 pm

Great looking stuff Tachyon.I could see lightening it a touch,but why shrink them?They look great in the size they're in right now.

I don't know much about Crossbone Gundam,the stylized pirate image leaves me a little......indifferent towards the manga,but the MS designs look good.Where in the UC timeline does it take place?
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:45 pm

I think it takes place soon after F91.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:06 pm

That would make sense,I've seen the model number of the crossbone gundam listed as F95.Who did the manga by the way?It strikes me as being a bit inspired by Captain Harlock,at least style wise.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:08 pm

khalahaley sent the Crossbone scans to me and since he has all 6 volumes of the manga he's best equipped to answer questions.

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:14 pm

The story is done by Tomino and the artist of the manga is Yuichi Hasegawa. The story takes place 10 years after the events of F91, where Seabook and Cecily discovers the Jupitorian's secret plans to conquer Earth. Their aim is to defeat Clux Dougachi, the leader of the Jupiter Empire. They're disguised as pirates in the name of Crossbone Vanguard because of the fact that their supposed to be dead(when they discovered about Jupiter Empire's plans they tried to assasinate Seabook and Cecily), to stay underground and to recruit people easily. Crossbone Gundam X1 is numbered as F97, but its been changed to XM-X(unknown) in order to keep its origin a secret. The skulls etc are there as a psychological effect on the enemy(and I'd say it lookes damn good!). Hope that answered some of your questions.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:54 am

Yes it does,thanks for the info.I don't know where I got F95 from,was there an F95 Gundam?At any rate the designs do look good and from what I know are very effective MS.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:45 am

So there's only 2 sides to this conflict? The Crossbone Vanguard and the Jupiter Energy Fleet?

Kuruni

Crossbone

Post by Kuruni » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:24 pm

Tachyon wrote:So there's only 2 sides to this conflict? The Crossbone Vanguard and the Jupiter Energy Fleet?
Earth Federation has their part after Zabine defect to Jupiter Empire. When Mother Vanguard arrive at Earth's orbit. They found out that Sherindon Ronah(I think she's Berah's cousin.She work as governor while Berah deal with JE.She is really interesting in philosophy of newtype) make peace with EF,so she cut off the support of Mother Vanguard. While EF officer tell our pirate to surrender,Zabine use his X-2 to attack EF force. So EF attack Mother Vanguard.(feature a squad of F91.) Mother Vanguard finally destroy in space.
After JE show their true color,EF force are mostly destroy.But there is a small squad,lead by Harrison.(EF's ace pilot who ride a blue F91.He's really a good pilot,only one who can force Seabook to use X-1's beamshield.) That appear to assist Seabook and freinds in last battle.

My bad English...I must apologize if it's hard to understand.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:43 pm

Thanks for the information. After I post the mobile suit images people can correct me if they're under the wrong faction name.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:37 am

It's taken me longer than expected but I have the Jupiter Empire images ready. I haven't heard back from the volunteer translator so I don't have much information on individual mobile suits. If any of you reading this know of a good translator who's willing to do Gundam work, please let me know.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:26 am

http://www.gearsonline.net/gundam/crossbone/

That's the beginnings of the section. Please post comments and questions if you have any. I'll need more time to clean up the submitted scans of the Crossbone Vanguard mobile suits.

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:57 am

Looks very, very nice. You edited them very nicely, cant believe they're the same ones as my crappy scan, lol. Also, I see that you've managed to get a few in-manga ones that I was planning to scan later, hehe its good, saves some time. I'll give you the rest tomorrow along with the cover scans.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:36 pm

There's a site that has every page of volume one scanned. No other volumes are scanned, though.